Our Tax Team is expanding and we are looking to recruit a Tax Senior. About CMS
CMS is a Future Facing firm. With 75 offices in 43 countries and 4,800+ lawyers worldwide, we combine deep sector understanding with a global overview, giving us the ability not only to see what's coming, but to shape it.
CMS is well equipped to help our clients face the future with confidence. We are driven by technology and readily embrace the possibilities it opens up for developing new and better ways of delivering legal services. Our bold approach to a changing future ensures that we nurture our employees and recruit top talent. About the Role
* Preparing partners' tax returns
* Assisting in preparation of the LLP tax computation
* Dealing with queries from partners regarding their tax affairs on a day to day basis
* Meeting new partners and going through new partner checklist covering , tax reserves, drawings and setting up with HMRC
* Assisting in partner tax reserves and journals
* Organising tax payments to HMRC
* Tax planning for partners including relief available for pension contributions
* Maintaining partner list and ensuring Personal Tax software is up to date
* Dealing with HMRC enquiries into partners' tax affairsThe list of duties is not exhaustive and is intended to provide a general idea of the main duties of the job. As such the role may also include undertaking additional tasks as required. About You
What you'll need
* Ability to prioritise work effectively and meet deadlines
* Good communication skills both oral and written
* A strong team player
* A positive and proactive attitude
* Strong attention to detail with a methodical and logical approachExperience:
* ATT qualified or qualified by experience
* Minimum 5 years in personal tax
* Good working knowledge of Excel Equal Opportunities
At CMS, a next-generation mindset is woven into all we do. We're diverse, supportive and inclusive, embracing our corporate social responsibility and creating a culture of sustainability in which every one of our people, whatever their background, can maximise their potential and thrive.
For further information about CMS' diversity initiatives and programmes, please click here
to view the diversity pages on our website.
Please apply online or contact a member of the Talent Acquisition team if you have any questions. For information regarding our competitive range of benefits please visit our Rewards & Benefits
page on our website.
Please note that CMS have a preferred agency panel in place. Only applications submitted via the portal at the point of instruction will be accepted.#LI-EM1