Ashurst is a leading global law firm with a history spanning almost 200 years, and clear strategy for our future growth. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing exceptional standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law. To find out more please visit here
In order to comply with regulatory and client requirements, Ashurst will undertake appropriate vetting of staff. When applicants accept a job offer, Ashurst, alongside a specialist provider, will undertake professional verification and background checks. These checks are only undertaken with consent, and in accordance with our legal and regulatory obligations
Business Area - IT
Role: Enterprise Architecture Coordinator (12 Month Contract)
Reporting to: Head of Enterprise Architecture
Hours of work - Monday to Friday, 09:00 - 17:30.
You may be required to work additional hours to facilitate project implementation.
The Enterprise Architecture Function provides services for the entire company, both internal and client facing transforming Ashurst into an integrated environment that is responsive to change.
This role will provide administrative and logistical support to the Architecture Team to define and deliver multiple projects and workstreams, ensuring appropriate governance and tracking of inter-dependencies on team activities and pieces of work.
- Updating and tracking team work within Jira.
- Proactively tracking target due dates for Risk mitigation/Issue remediation actions and chasing updates/closure, and supporting escalation to senior management as needed.
- Architecture Review Board Meetings and other team meetings preparation including:
- Meeting scheduling and room booking management.
- Coordinating internal resources and (where required) third party suppliers / vendors.
- Accurate note taking in meetings.
- Tracking of open actions (from previous meetings or Jira).
- Publication of meeting agendas and outstanding actions.
- Project plan maintenance (with guidance).
- Team reporting, including scope, objectives, progress, timelines, risks and issues.
- Maintain resource plan for relevant projects, aligned to the delivery plan (with guidance).
- Supporting Architects to prepare for Quality Gate reviews, in line with the delivery plan.
- Support document management, ensuring latest versions saved to the Ashurst Document Management System (DMS).
Risk and Control: Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with our regulatory requirements and internal policies.
Measurement and Review:
- Effective liaison with and support of operational teams and other stakeholders.
- Achievement of above tasks.
- Feedback from other team members.
Essential skills and experience:
- High levels of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to quickly grasp and accurately capture the salient points from often fast paced, technical and complex meeting discussions.
- Adaptable and able to quickly learn on-the-go.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office tools such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Able to work in a fast paced global organisation.
- Strong planning and organisation skills.
- Organised and able to prioritise diverse workload and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work within a structured project framework.
- Able to work collaboratively and effectively with teams remotely in a global context.
- Tactful and diplomatic when in pressured situations and able to ask challenging questions.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written and strong interpersonal skills.
- Uses initiative - 'can do' approach.
Desired skills and experience
- Experience in a professional services environment.
- Prince 2 Foundation (or similar qualification).
- Working knowledge of project planning tools (such as Microsoft Project, Visio and Jira) and methodologies.
- Able to liaise at a senior level within the firm.