Ashurst is a leading global law firm with a history spanning almost 200 years, and clear strategy for our future growth. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing exceptional standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law. To find out more please visit here
In order to comply with regulatory and client requirements, Ashurst will undertake appropriate vetting of staff. When applicants accept a job offer, Ashurst, alongside a specialist provider, will undertake professional verification and background checks. These checks are only undertaken with consent, and in accordance with our legal and regulatory obligations
Business Area - Reward
Role: Employee Benefits Advisor - 12 month FTC
Reporting to: Payroll Manager
Hours of work - 9:00am - 5:30pm
Department/ Role Overview:
This dual role is crucial to providing an effective payroll and benefits service for the UK. Supporting the payroll manager in submitting and reviewing the UK payroll and supporting benefits administration.
- Responsible for local monthly payroll of approx. 400 employees and regularly liaising with payroll provider to ensure all information is captured, accurate and queries answered.
- Overseeing input of payroll data, carrying out reports, checks and balances to ensure accuracy.
- Day-to-day administration of the firm flexible benefits
- Point of contact for the ASC team and the wider HR community on all benefits and payroll related matters
- Monthly benefits processing
- Validating and completing the auto-enrolment process
- Managing vendor invoices and reporting
- Management of payroll information, coaching ASC to provide accurate/time sensitive data to the payroll provider
- Manage the accuracy of the monthly flexible benefits and payroll reports - downloading and checking benefit reports and reconciling against payroll and provider reports
- Be the interface between Ashurst and the payroll/benefit providers for all queries relating to the admin/service
- Carry out regular audit of membership data held by providers, payroll and Darwin to maintain accuracy
- Validate reward team invoices to ensure they accurately reflect membership data. Resolve errors where possible and escalate as required
- Support the annual flex window project and renewal agreements
- Maintain and update any benefit changes outside of the annual benefit window
- Manage and maintain accurate documentation of benefit processes, information and check lists
- Work with Financial Management to reconcile the monthly payroll reports
Risk and Control: Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with our regulatory requires and internal policies.
Essential skills and experience:
- Previous experience managing a payroll (including awareness of current legislation and best practice)
- Strong administrative, analytical and organisational skills
- Intermediate Microsoft Office user (Excel comfort in v-look up, pivot tables, etc.)
- A broad understanding of employee benefits
- Work effectively to deadlines and project plans with strong attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and organise workload effectively due to dual role.
- Articulate with good interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Highly proactive and a positive customer focused attitude
- Excellent attention to detail.
Desired skills and experience
- Payroll qualification (CIPP or equivalent)