Ashurst is a leading global law firm with a history spanning almost 200 years, and clear strategy for our future growth. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing exceptional standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law. To find out more please visit here
In order to comply with regulatory and client requirements, Ashurst will undertake appropriate vetting of staff. When applicants accept a job offer, Ashurst, alongside a specialist provider, will undertake professional verification and background checks. These checks are only undertaken with consent, and in accordance with our legal and regulatory obligations
Business Area Information Technology
Role: Programme Manager - Cloud - 12 month FTC
Reporting to: Head of IT Strategy & Implementation
Hours of work - Monday to Friday, 09.30 to 17.30. You will be required to work such hours as are necessary to carry out your duties, noting that some projects contain global stakeholders so call times may need to be adjusted to overlap.
Department/ Role Overview:
Work closely with Programme Sponsor(s) to define the Ashurst Cloud programme vision and roadmap. Programme manage the development and execution of programme specific initiatives, from the assessment of each opportunity and management of the approval process through to the design and successful execution of each project.
The Ashurst Cloud Programme has been initially scoped to incorporate the following areas:
- Development of a Cloud Strategy and principles aligned to the firm's 2023 strategy
- Define and implement a Target Operating Model
- Define and implement a Cloud governance framework
- Complete the migration of outstanding data/users to the Ashurst Cloud Document Management System
It is expected on completion of these workstreams further phases will commence.
Working with the Head of IT Strategy & Implementation, Programme Sponsor(s) and other Heads of Function to support the assessing, scoping, designing and delivering projects on time and within budget to support the objectives of the Ashurst Cloud programme. Be able to work across all levels of stakeholders and third parties within a high performance environment and with a relentless focus on deliverables. Be regarded as a Subject Matter Expert on Cloud for the firm.
- Using a problem-solving approach and working collaboratively with Executive Sponsor(s) and stakeholders to define the vision and roadmap for the programme, aligned to the firm's 2023 Strategy
- Utilising your knowledge of the firm and how it operates (which you will build over time and by always having a curious mindset) to assist in finding solutions to complex problems
- Developing and utilising strong working relationships across all business functions to assist in the scoping, designing and costing of projects initiated to achieve programme objectives
- Defining project scope, governance and test plans to determine success;
- Planning, designing and proactively monitoring project progress; resolving issues and initiating appropriate action;
- Facilitate a culture of continuous improvement, ensuring that change projects consider effective process streamlining before moving to technology investment
- Create and deliver project work plans and revisions as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements;
- Identify resource requirements;
- Manage the operational aspects of projects;
- Implement changes sensitively with minimal disruption - to deadlines and budgets;
Risk and Control: Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with our regulatory requirements and internal policies.
Essential skills and experience:
- Minimum 5-10 years' experience as a senior project or programme manager with a proven track record of successfully managing and leading global projects through the full project life cycle in a professional services company, ideally a law firm.
- Experience in Cloud technology and its implementation.
- Experience in migrating from on-premise technology solutions to Cloud based.
- Experience in developing a programme vision and a plan to implement on this.
- Experience of waterfall project methodologies and ideally Agile as well
- Experience across the whole project lifecycle and covering scoping, scheduling, costing, resourcing, change, communications, quality, risk and project closure.
- Advanced organisational and influencing skills, flexibility of style, attention to detail and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, high pressured, detail-oriented environment
- High degree of initiative and independent judgment with excellent troubleshooting, decision-making and follow-through skills
- Good financial skills in terms of managing a budget
- Develop and manage project RAID logs ensuring that required project documentation is properly completed and that quality gates are achieved.
- Track progress against plans, budget and agreed KPIs, alerting relevant stakeholders promptly to variances and recommending changes and developing contingency plans where necessary.
- Develop a clear understanding of resource requirements for each stage of design and delivery and tracking availability of resource and escalating where there are potential issues.
- Working closely with the change and communications team to ensure that stakeholder analysis, change impact analysis and benefit analysis are part of workstream delivery plans.
- Excellent people skills along with a track record of establishing and maintaining effective relationships with stakeholders at all levels
- Experience in working in a global environment and across multiple time-zones
- AgilePM, PRINCE2 or equivalent project management certifications
Desired skills and experience
- Experience of managing business and technology change within a law firm or other regulated environment.
- Familiarity with Document Management Systems and other law firm applications such as practice management.
- Good level of process improvement awareness and use of associated techniques (Lean, Six Sigma etc..)
- Change management qualification (PROSCI)