Who we are
Slaughter and May is a leading international law firm, recognised throughout the business community for its exceptional legal service, commercial awareness and commitment to clients. We advise across the spectrum of legal matters including high-profile, ground-breaking and complex transactions, contentious matters and all aspects of risk. We deliver innovative and bespoke solutions to our clients, domestically and internationally. We provide clear legal advice that spans the globe whilst tackling the cultural nuances between jurisdictions. Our lawyers understand how to coordinate and manage matters in the jurisdictions most relevant to our clients.
We are always on the lookout for new ways of working, and new ways of adapting the most advanced technologies to make the way we work the most efficient and most effective for our clients and Associates.
We are now offering the opportunity to become part of our dynamic e-Disclosure team, with responsibility for identifying and implementing this technology on a day to day basis.
At Slaughter and May, with over 1,200 partners and staff worldwide, everyone's contribution is valued, and we all enjoy an open, friendly and supportive environment. We have an underlying sense of pride in who we are and what we do, and our inclusive culture gives rise to a unique diversity of thinking, which is critical to our success and helps maintain our position as a true market leader. To support our employees in achieving their professional development objectives, we offer an unrivalled variety of learning and development opportunities to everyone, as well as a highly competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. As a result of Government guidance in response to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, we have successfully and seamlessly adapted to home-working, which is a testament to the resilience and agility of our people. We all look forward to returning to our prestigious Headquarters at One Bunhill Row, in the heart if the City of London, when it is safe and appropriate for us to do so, where we enjoy a range of excellent facilities.
Would you like to join one of the world’s most prestigious law firms?
We are offering a fantastic opportunity for a professional, engaging individual to join us as an e-Disclosure Project Manager.
At Slaughter and May we have access to the most advanced technology and AI platforms; and primary responsibility for ensuring this technology is implemented on a day to day basis rests with our e-Disclosure Team.
Your role will be to work within our e-Disclosure Team and alongside our e-Disclosure Service Providers to deliver innovative, technology focussed solutions throughout the disputes and investigations processes.
You will need to have experience in an e-Disclosure environment, with a broad understanding of the EDRM and the technology that underpins large scale data collection, processing, review and productions.
However, this is a role that requires much more than an enthusiasm for technology. This is as much a people facing role as it is a technology role. We are looking for team players, and you will be required to take the lead in discussions with our associate teams in the planning, structuring, monitoring and delivery of e-Disclosure projects.
We are open to discussing this as a permanent, a fixed-term contract or a temp-to-perm opportunity.
The key responsibilities of this role are set out below and there may be others which are not listed.
- Deliver forward thinking services to the Disputes and Investigations, Competition, and, increasingly, Corporate groups;
- Work collaboratively with Associates and the e- Disclosure team to deliver the very best service, utilising technology wherever possible to deliver efficiencies and increased service quality
- Working with e-Disclosure Service Providers to ensure they are providing access to advanced technology and delivering a premium quality service
- Proactively identify areas where technology can or must be used and successfully implement these into matters
- Project manage and lead on e-Disclosure projects, be accountable for the successful delivery of the projects
- Work with paralegals in creating and managing project documentation
- Work with colleagues to provide frontline technical and operational support for document review and data management platforms
- Provide document review platform support to fee earners, including the delivery of user training, building database searches, document review workflow administration, and review progress reporting
- Manage and QC document productions, incl. exchange of documents and data with opposing parties or regulators
- Work collectively and collegiately with a team of e-Disclosure specialists and paralegals
- Review and recommend technology solutions that may benefit the firm
Candidates for this position require:
- A legal qualification with experience in disputes and investigations, and a good knowledge of the investigative processes underpinning these matters
- Must have a general understanding of e- Disclosure Technology and its application
- Must be able to work collaboratively with a wide variety of stakeholders to deliver effective solutions
- Ability to build strong business relationships with internal and external contacts and the resilience to deal with demanding individuals
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, (written, spoken and presentational), including strong influencing skills. Ability to express views clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles
- Experience of working in a diverse team whilst fostering an inclusive team culture
- Excellent proven organizational skills, with the ability to multi-task, keep calm under pressure and work to tight deadlines
Technical & professional expertise
- Able to provide insightful solutions and assured judgments on broad and complicated issues
- Keeps fully up to speed with technical and professional developments in own specialist field
Analysis and judgement
- Interprets a range of data to identify trends and critical issues, track performance or report on progress
- Provides sound, well-reasoned advice and recommendations on complex or ambiguous issues
- Highly personally responsive and helpful in response to issues and problems raised by senior members of the firm
- Demonstrates real commitment to clients, going out of own way to provide solutions that meet their needs
- Drive to deliver
- Demonstrates personal focus, effort and determination to deliver results
- Encourages and challenges team members to raise the bar on performance
Communication & influence
- Makes complex technical information accessible, understandable and engaging
- Proactive in discussions with key decision- makers, seeking to put forward proposals and jointly shape the agenda
- Leading & managing people
- Actively encourages and assists individuals’ professional and personal development