Trowers & Hamlins is a City-led, international and national law firm with over 160 partners and 950 staff. With offices across the UK, Middle East and Asia, we provide a full-service integrated offering.
Our clients operate in diverse industry sectors such as construction, transport and infrastructure, banking and financial services, distribution and logistics, education and health, hotels and leisure, defence, engineering and surveying, charities, retail and energy and natural resources. We also act for many high net worth individuals.
We are different and we believe it is our people that make us unique. We expect and respect that you and your talents are too. The truth is we don't prescribe who you are or how you ought to be. It's what you can do that interests us most.
While the work on offer is rewarding and often complex, the qualities we look for are simple. The ability to get on with people from all walks of life, for example. To talk and to listen. To develop the sorts of relationships that mean you win the friendship and loyalty of clients and colleagues alike. In short, to connect. These are the characteristics our people all have in common. They are vital, as is the drive and imagination to use your unique talents to the full. We will help you in this. In fact, we will support you in every way we can.
This new position within the team is a great opportunity to play a central role in shaping the firm’s digital strategy. As the team’s digital specialist this individual will have the support and freedom to identify and progress the firm's digital capabilities providing creative input, developing new ideas and leading on the necessary strategic direction.
The individual in this role will be responsible for implementing the firm‘s digital marketing strategy, specifically in relation to website development (within Sitecore CMS) but also developing the firm's capabilities with regards to all digital activities and projects and maintaining the technology that supports these activities.
The individual will work closely with managers and the Director of Marketing on specific projects and initiatives as well as collaborating with other individuals across the Marketing team. The marketing and business development team of 25 supports all of the firm's offices and are based in the firm's London, Birmingham and Dubai offices.
What you'll be doing
- Manage the overall relationship with the technical agency (a Sitecore specialist) supporting the firm's website
- Support the digital evolution of the firm's marketing campaigns/initiatives through strategic input on all digital aspects across platforms
- Build, manage and maintain relationships with third party digital suppliers, developing a pool of agencies that can help support and enhance the firm's digital marketing activities
- Lead on improving the firm‘s web presence through implementing a programme for search engine optimisation (SEO)
- Work with in-house teams and external agencies with regards to the firm's social media presence and activity, advising on how we can be more impactful and extend reach to different target audiences
- Define a strategy and process for regular reporting using web and e-marketing analytics to help identify, monitor and improve the effectiveness of our content
- Support with hosting and distribution of videos and podcast across appropriate digital channels
- Research, implement and maintain a range of marketing systems
- Assist with the writing and reviewing of our content for online use
What you'll need
- Good oral and written communication skills with a commitment to quality / high attention to detail
- A positive and proactive attitude with drive, enthusiasm and tenacity to see projects through to completion
- Flexibility and commitment – to work outside of normal office hours as required and to deliver projects to deadlines
- Experience of using website content management systems
- A good understanding of key digital marketing disciplines, including SEO and Google Analytics
- A good understanding of social media tools and platforms (particularly in relation to LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram)
- Experience of working on projects and project management
- Experience of developing and executing integrated digital campaigns
- A minimum of three years’ experience in a similar professional services or B2B role or working in an agency supporting B2B clients.
As part of our firm recruitment policy our candidates are subject to employment screening background checks. These checks include personal details, education and employment history, professional qualifications and credit and criminal checks as appropriate.
Trowers & Hamlins is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity and inclusion. All applications will be considered on merit and the applicant's suitability to meet the requirements of the role and will be treated equally irrespective of Ethnicity, Gender (including Trans and non-binary) Race, Disability, Religion and sexual orientation.