Who we are
Slaughter and May is a leading international law firm, recognised throughout the business community for its exceptional legal service, commercial awareness and commitment to clients. We advise across the spectrum of legal matters including high-profile, ground-breaking and complex transactions, contentious matters and all aspects of risk. We deliver innovative and bespoke solutions to our clients, domestically and internationally. We provide clear legal advice that spans the globe whilst tackling the cultural nuances between jurisdictions. Our lawyers understand how to coordinate and manage matters in the jurisdictions most relevant to our clients.
We are now offering the opportunity to become part of our dynamic team, which supports our lawyers in providing first- class legal advice to some of the most prestigious and well-known global businesses.
At Slaughter and May, with over 1,200 partners and staff worldwide, everyone's contribution is valued, and we all enjoy an open, friendly and supportive environment. We have an underlying sense of pride in who we are and what we do, and our inclusive culture gives rise to a unique diversity of thinking, which is critical to our success and helps maintain our position as a true market leader. To support our employees in achieving their professional development objectives, we offer an unrivalled variety of learning and development opportunities to everyone, as well as a highly competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. As a result of Government guidance in response to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, we have successfully and seamlessly adapted to home-working, which is a testament to the resilience and agility of our people. We all look forward to returning to our prestigious Headquarters at One Bunhill Row, in the heart if the City of London, when it is safe and appropriate for us to do so, where we enjoy a range of excellent facilities.
Would you like to join one of the world’s most prestigious law firms?
We are offering a fantastic opportunity for a professional, engaging individual to join us as Corporate Paralegal, in our London-based Corporate Team.
Slaughter and May has an extensive corporate, commercial and financing practice. The specialist groups, including Tax, Competition, Financial Regulation, Dispute Resolution, Intellectual Property, Real Estate and Pensions and Employment, complement these main activities.
This role will directly support Partners and Associates in the Corporate practice with their client work.
Our Corporate practice is divided into four groups with around 10 partners in each. As a paralegal with us, you will potentially work with any of the partners in your group and also those from elsewhere, giving you the opportunity to see a wide range of working styles and strategic approaches.
The key responsibilities of this role are set out below and there may be others which are not listed. You may be required on occasion to work outside our normal working hours of 9:30am to 5:30pm.
- Day-to-day support for fee-earners, including ad hoc projects, managing data room and document disclosure exercises and research tasks
- Occasional ad hoc research and other administrative tasks to support the Corporate PSLs
- Assisting fee earners with precedent searches
- Minuting meetings
- Maintaining data on aspects of market practice and fees on Corporate transactions
- Co-ordinating the collection of Corporate precedents created by fee earners, identifying useful materials, and indexing and publishing them on the firm’s know how database
Candidates for this position must have:
- Strong academic qualifications (2:1 degree or above from a top university preferred), including a degree or post-graduate diploma in law and completion of the LPC
- Excellent organisational and time management skills, with the ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritise work effectively
- Highly competent written and spoken communication abilities with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Self-motivated and able to work independently and pro-actively
- Ability to pick up new legal concepts and terminology quickly
- Excellent research skills
- Excellent eye for detail
- Good team player
- Good IT skills and an ability to learn new IT systems quickly
- Ability to adapt and fit into the team
- Ability to work in a diverse team whilst fostering an inclusive team culture
- High level of professionalism and integrity; displays the highest standard of professional ethics