We are currently recruiting for an Advanced Delivery Practice Lead - Corporate to join our London office. The aim of this role is to enable the Corporate practice group to have easier access to alternative resourcing, legal technology and process improvement. The intention is to begin by having an Advanced Delivery Practice Lead for each of our major practice groups (Banking, Corporate, Litigation and ICM) although overtime the need for additional Advanced Delivery Practice Leads may arise for specific regions and product areas.
Advanced Delivery is committed to providing alternative resourcing, legal technology and process improvement to our practice groups. However, currently matter teams do not find it easy to access Advanced Delivery. The intention is that the incumbent will be embedded within a practice group and will help facilitate, guide and encourage practice groups to take advantage of Advanced Delivery on their matters.
Role and responsibilities
The Advanced Delivery Practice Lead - Corporate is responsible for growing the use of Advanced Delivery & Solutions in Corporate. They will:
- Develop a deep understanding of Corporate’s product areas, matters (particular large matters), pipeline and strategy to identify Corporate’s Advanced Delivery needs;
- Use a deep understanding of Advanced Delivery capabilities and offering across the network, to grow the relationship and use of Advanced Delivery services across Corporate;
- Keep the Corporate practice group informed of developments in Advanced Delivery;
- Leverage data and forums to identify opportunities, particularly large matters, and co-ordinate the use of Advanced Delivery on those matters;
- Input into Corporate’s strategy and global initiatives;
- Develop an Advanced Delivery growth plan based on Corporate’s strategic priorities and agree main objectives with the Corporate practice;
- Take the lead in building Advanced Delivery’s relationships with the Corporate lawyers, including importantly Partners, Counsel and Senior Associates;
- Facilitate connections between Corporate and Advanced Delivery experts (facilitator not gatekeeper).
- Working closely with Corporate to promote and facilitate their use of Advanced Delivery.
- Day-to-day deep working relationship with Advanced Delivery departments to understand their services so that they can be imbedded within legal processes.
- Provide feed-back to Advanced Delivery & Solutions on services (process, resourcing and technology) that they should deliver to maximise their usefulness to Corporate.
- Appropriate for a senior lawyer (ideally Senior Associate or above) who has a Corporate background (either at Allen & Overy or an international law firm).
- Fosters excellent relationships with senior counterparts and has a track record in influencing decisions and offering effective solutions.
- Has a high-level of interpersonal skills and is adept at reading and communicating with people at all levels.
- A proven track record of working in partnership with senior stakeholders.
- Possesses a high degree of initiative to seek new areas of opportunity.
- Creative, persistent and resourceful in coming up with solutions to complex problems.
- Takes pride in influencing the success of other teams.
Allen & Overy LLP is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements.
Additional information - External
Allen & Overy is a leading global law firm operating in over thirty countries. By turning our insight, technology and talent into ground-breaking solutions, we’ve earned our reputation as a firm that leads the industry and opens up new possibilities in law. Our lawyers are leaders in their field – and the same goes for our support teams. Ambitious, driven and open to fresh perspectives, we find new ways to deliver our services and maintain our reputation for excellence, in all that we do.
The nature of law is changing and with that change brings unique opportunities. We are defined by our consistent commitment to creating a collaborative and supportive working culture and investing in your progress. We’re committed to supporting a culture that drives diversity and inclusion. Every day, we’re working hard to create an environment where you feel you can bring your authentic self to work. To be comfortable and confident to be who you are in the workplace. To feel like you belong. We offer rewarding careers that are built around your strengths and designed to ensure you can achieve your personal and professional ambitions. Joining our global team, you’ll discover what collaborating on a global scale really looks like; you’ll learn how to help drive change; and you’ll be at the heart of an organisation that’s defining the future of law. If you’re ready to find a place to thrive: It’s Time.