Paralegal - ICM Securitisation
Allen & Overy is a leading global law firm operating in over thirty countries. Embracing new trends and harnessing decades of experience, we’ve earned our place at the forefront of the legal industry. Our partners are recognised as leaders in their field and our deals and cases often make headline business news. As a result, we’ve developed a reputation for delivering excellence, in all that we do. Today, we’re continuing to break new ground. By embracing new ways of thinking and integrating technology into our everyday work, we’ve been named as the Most Innovative Law Firm in Europe by the Financial Times six times.
Join our team and you’ll be part of a flexible, inclusive culture underpinned by openness and acceptance. We are driven by the belief that, to perform, people need support and space to collaborate. By combining those values with an ambitious outlook, we can give you the opportunity to thrive.
The Securitisation team covers a broad range of structured finance transactions, is a global leader and is consistently ranked in the top tier of the main legal directories, with expertise throughout the structured finance spectrum. The group is renowned for being innovative and creating benchmarks in the market and, most importantly, providing clients with commercially viable structures in the increasingly regulated international markets. The Securitisation team has been heavily involved with industry bodies in considering the issues around other loan by loan disclosure initiatives.
An opportunity has arisen for a Paralegal to join the Securitisation team within the ICM Department in London on a full time, permanent contract. The role will consist of providing support services to fee earners and senior PSLs.
The successful candidate will have previous paralegal experience, be hard working, enthusiastic, a team player, and have a high level of initiative and a willingness to learn. Attention to detail, excellent writing skills, good research, and organisational skills are also key. The role will involve direct international client contact therefore excellent communication, professionalism and interpersonal skills are essential. In addition, the candidate must be computer literate, have a 2.1 law degree (or equivalent) and a candidate who has taken the LPC is preferred.
- Partners, Snr Associates & Professional Support Lawyers
- Wider A&O community
Role and responsibilities
- Receipt, catalogue and allocation of documents to fee earners
- Drafting and checking documents, proof-reading before sending out to clients
- Co-ordination of transaction and closing documents
- Responsible for post closing matters
- Compiling standard documentation including completion of forms
- Distribution of documents on large transactions
- Checking prospectuses, first draft of issuance documentation and preparing checklists for submission to the UKLA
- Repeat transaction work, e.g. drafting documents
- General paralegal duties and support, ad hoc queries and legal research.
- 2.1. law degree (or equivalent)
- Prior experience working as a paralegal
- LPC preferred
Who we are looking for
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at any one time and to prioritise tasks
- Ability to work hard within a fast pace environment and meet deadlines
- Organised and methodical approach to work
- High levels of accuracy and attention to detail
- Positive attitude and style with clients and fee earners
- Excellent writing skills
- Good research and organisational skills
- Excellent communication, professionalism and interpersonal skills
- Hard working, enthusiastic, team player
- High level of initiative and a willingness to learn
- IT skills including i-sheet and deal room preferable
Allen & Overy LLP is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements.
Additional information - External
Allen & Overy is a leading global law firm operating in over thirty countries. Embracing new trends and harnessing decades of experience, we’ve earned our place at the forefront of the legal industry. Our partners are recognised as leaders in their field and our deals and cases often make headline business news. As a result, we’ve developed a reputation for delivering exceptional legal solutions that not only solve our clients’ challenges but exceed their expectations. By embracing new ways of thinking, integrating technology into our everyday work and putting our people first, we’ve become known for leading by example.
Join our team and you’ll be part of a flexible, inclusive culture underpinned by openness and consistent support for one another. Our culture enables people to define their own career path based on their strengths, while our ambitious outlook ensures we continue to provide each person with opportunities to thrive. We’re also committed to supporting a culture that drives diversity and inclusion. Every day, we’re working hard to create an environment where you feel you can bring your authentic self to work. To be comfortable and confident to be who you are in the workplace. To feel like you belong. If you’re ready to play your part in defining the future of law: It’s Time.