Revenue Controller - 12 Month FTC
About the role and team
We are seeking a Revenue Controller to join the Finance team here at Anthony Collins Solicitors.
The role of the Revenue Controller is to drive the end to end process of a matter from time recording through to billing.
It is the task of the Revenue controller to enable the business to bill as efficiently and quickly as possible. The RC will be expected to work with both their designated legal teams and financial teams providing information and monitoring, time, WIP and potential billing risks and opportunities.
- Obtaining WIP information from lawyers and conducting WIP meetings with all partners, and lawyers where necessary.
- Chase for authorisation and monitor progress of bills through Envision
- Chase late bills before month end closure.
- Ensuring all WIP held over 3 months old is chargeable with a good reason as to why it should remain.
- Encourage billing to be produced earlier in the month.
- Ensure prompt and accurate production and editing of all pre bills. Ensuring they comply with relevant Vat and SAR’s
- Request Bill/Transfer and Write off requests to the billing team.
- Drive the assessment of recoverability of WIP
- Complete and distribute the missing time report for teams responsible and chase individuals.
- Monitor time recording on a weekly basis to ensure that it is complete and posted daily where possible and that holiday time has been completed, either in advance or by the relevant secretary.
- Assisting fee earners with time queries
- Provision of billing guides and other reports to partners and lawyers on an ad-hoc basis
- Ensuring fee-earners who are terminating their employment or finishing for maternity leave, sabbatical or secondment have transferred all their matters to another fee-earner in advance of their last day so that all matters have a current contact
About the candidate
Candidates will ideally have the following:
- Experience of working in a Law Frim would be advantageous but not essential
- To pro-active and assertive
- Ability to liaise with all levels with an organisation
- Have good attention to detail
About the firm
Anthony Collins Solicitors is a specialist law firm with a clear purpose – to “improve lives, communities and society". For over 40 years we’ve been successfully combining market-leading legal expertise with a commitment to excellence and long-term relationships underpinned by a strong set of values.
What makes Anthony Collins Solicitors distinctive, beyond simply being a sector-specialist law firm, is our people and the values we share. We’re extremely proud of the calibre of people that we attract; people who are inspired by our values, motivated by our vision and work with our clients to positively influence the society and communities we are building together.
Anthony Collins Solicitors is a committed Equal Opportunities employer promoting equality of opportunity. This means that everyone who either applies to or works for the firm is treated equally, whatever their gender, age, ethnic origin, nationality, marital status, disability, sexual orientation or religious beliefs.