Ashurst is a leading global law firm with a history spanning almost 200 years, and clear strategy for our future growth. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing exceptional standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law. To find out more please visit here
In order to comply with regulatory and client requirements, Ashurst will undertake appropriate vetting of staff. When applicants accept a job offer, Ashurst, alongside a specialist provider, will undertake professional verification and background checks. These checks are only undertaken with consent, and in accordance with our legal and regulatory obligations
Business Area: Risk & Compliance
Role: Compliance Officer
Reporting to: Compliance Team Leader
Hours of work:
37.5 hours per week Monday to Friday, working 8.5 hours a day including an hour for lunch, between the hours of 08:30 -17:00. However, you may be required to work such hours as are necessary to carry out your duties
The successful candidate will:
- be responsible for a wide range of tasks to ensure the Risk & Compliance function at Ashurst works efficiently;
- work closely with the other Compliance Team members across Australia and the UK to ensure the Firm meets its Risk and Compliance obligations; and
- have exceptional attention to detail, the ability to understand and retain knowledge on a wide range of risk and compliance concepts, and working efficiently across a number of systems.
The main responsibilities of this role include (but are not limited to):
- managing the global Compliance Team mailbox and helpline;
- receipt and quality checking of new business intake forms, using discretion and judgment to assess whether additional information is required;
- delegating a variety of tasks and workflow to the teams within the department according to their level of expertise and capacity;
- ensuring quality service delivery to our internal stakeholders, managing expectations where appropriate;
- building and maintaining a broad working knowledge of cross-team service offerings; and
- generating departmental reports and distributing as needed.
Risk and Control: Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with our regulatory requirements and internal policies.
Essential skills and experience:
- customer service skills;
- an exceptional eye for detail;
- discreet and professional when dealing with sensitive or confidential information;
- a quick learner and technology/software conversant;
- strong organisational skills and able to work well under pressure;
- strong interpersonal skills, able to liaise and communicate clearly with others;
- the ability to work efficiently and use initiative; and
- a proactive and flexible attitude.
Desired skills and experience
- previous experience working in an office environment; and/or
- previous experience working in a customer facing role.