About the role and team
We are seeking to recruit a Senior Lawyer to join our Housing Management team here at Anthony Collins Solicitors. The role provides a great opportunity to join a nationally renowned team and advise on cutting edge projects
Our clients are primarily private registered providers of social housing, but we also work for local authorities, and other charities and faith based organisations housing individuals: essentially organisations with a social purpose like us. The team are passionate about delivering excellent technical advice to those clients, delivered in a way that is practical and embedded in the sector.
Our work is very varied and includes:
- Drafting and reviewing occupancy agreements and policies and procedures;
- Advice on compliance with legislative and regulatory requirements in a landlord and tenant context, including assisting clients in resolving breaches and dealing with the Regulator of Social Housing;
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating management and service level agreements;
- Advising on all aspects of rent and service charges, including implementation of reviews and Tribunal cases (covering service charge challenges and dispensation applications). This also includes understanding the housing benefit and universal credit regime; and
- Preparation and delivery of seminars/training sessions, as part of the Firm's training programme, bespoke sessions for clients and at national conferences run by sector bodies.
Although delivering technical strategic advice, it very much has an impact on the front-line. Our work often includes some overlap with other teams, allowing the successful candidate to build relationships across the firm.
The position would be to support Emma Hardman, Senior Associate (co-author of the sector leading guide on service charges and estate rent charges for housing associations) in delivering housing management advice, with a great opportunity to become involved in business development across the Housing sector. The successful candidate would also take on line management responsibilities for some of the team members, playing a key role in the development of juniors.
About the candidate
The successful candidate will need to have:
- housing management experience and a strong understanding of property law;
- an ability to adapt to new areas of law, recognising that housing management can change frequently;
- strong communication skills, both written and oral, with an ability to translate technical legal issues into clear and practical advice to clients;
- excellent attention to detail;
- experience in managing and developing people;
- ideally experience working for registered providers (but not essential); and
- ideally an alignment with the Firm's social purpose.
The role would be suitable for an experienced solicitor or barrister looking for a change of career.
About the firm
Anthony Collins Solicitors is a specialist law firm with a clear purpose – to “improve lives, communities and society". For over 40 years we’ve been successfully combining market-leading legal expertise with a commitment to excellence and long-term relationships underpinned by a strong set of values.
What makes Anthony Collins Solicitors distinctive, beyond simply being a sector-specialist law firm, is our people and the values we share. We’re extremely proud of the calibre of people that we attract; people who are inspired by our values, motivated by our vision and work with our clients to positively influence the society and communities we are building together.
Anthony Collins Solicitors is a committed Equal Opportunities employer promoting equality of opportunity. This means that everyone who either applies to or works for the firm is treated equally, whatever their gender, age, ethnic origin, nationality, marital status, disability, sexual orientation or religious beliefs.