Infrastructure Engineer x 2
About the role and team
Anthony Collins Solicitors are currently recruiting X2 Infrastructure Engineers to join our IT Team on a permanent basis. The successful candidates will be responsible for the organisation’s information technology and core infrastructure. Ensuring excellent client service, high availability and proactive BAU management, maintenance, and support, along with planning and implementing or part of delivery team for progressive business change and improvement projects.
- Responsible for the BAU management and development of the ICT infrastructure, including but not limited to networking, servers, storage, virtual environment, software applications and security.
- To plan and perform controlled out of hours preventative maintenance and development as well as provide reactive support for IT issues relating to business critical systems should they arise.
- Make recommendations on improvements, upgrades and development of ICT infrastructure including best practice, policy and risk / security.
- Resolution of system and infrastructure incidents, requests and changes with escalation to the Systems and Infrastructure Team Lead.
- Responsible for monitoring of the ICT infrastructure.
- Responsible for backup infrastructure.
- Responsible for the active directory / identity management infrastructure.
- Responsible for the remote access, remote working, mobile and Internet connectivity.
- Keep abreast and up-to-date with technologies that have a direct impact on the ICT infrastructure, maintain and share knowledge within the IT team.
- Ensure changes to the systems and infrastructure follow the change management processes.
- Assist in the upgrading of hardware and software throughout Anthony Collins Solicitors as necessary.
- Provide support to all users, when necessary, by phone, email and face-to-face, using your knowledge and initiative to solve issues, in response to escalated Support Requests (but not excluding occasional first response) or to escalate further within the IT department.
- Provide occasional support to clients for example, when using Anthony Collins Solicitors Wi-Fi.
- Develop skills / qualifications and become matter expert in an area of Anthony Collins Solicitors ICT infrastructure.
- Occasionally work with the expanded IT team during working weekends on Projects
- Any other reasonable duty as requested
About the candidate
- Experience and knowledge of all matters related to technology infrastructure, including but not limited to, server, database, virtualisation, storage, operating systems and connectivity.
- Experienced technical understanding of Microsoft server services, infrastructure products and Azure cloud services (AD, GPO, SQL, DNS, Networking, Web Apps, Replication, RDS, SCCM, Intune).
- Solid understanding of enterprise network configuration, security and security: infrastructure, application, virtualisation, load balancing and VPNs.
- Solid understanding of DNS, Certificate services, Email systems, SAN technology (including VSAN) and Microsoft Licensing.
- Technically proficient, with proven experience of VMware vSphere 7, Windows Server 2008 R2 to 2019, Networking and Internetworking technology.
- Experience with scripting technologies (batch, Powershell, VBScript and Bash).
- Approachable and professional working attitude due to the nature of those being supported (both internally and externally of ACS)
- Effective communicator being able to translate the needs of a business into technical specifications and clearly express technical information to the business.
- To have an active interest both personally and professionally in development of skills and knowledge in an ever changing IT world.
- Experience of the legal sector would be an advantage although the ability to work flexibly so that client deadlines may be met, and the ability to influence an audience with a wide range of IT skills and understanding is important.
About the firm
Anthony Collins Solicitors is a specialist law firm with a clear purpose – to “improve lives, communities and society". For over 40 years we’ve been successfully combining market-leading legal expertise with a commitment to excellence and long-term relationships underpinned by a strong set of values.
What makes Anthony Collins Solicitors distinctive, beyond simply being a sector-specialist law firm, is our people and the values we share. We’re extremely proud of the calibre of people that we attract; people who are inspired by our values, motivated by our vision and work with our clients to positively influence the society and communities we are building together.
Anthony Collins Solicitors is a committed Equal Opportunities employer promoting equality of opportunity. This means that everyone who either applies to or works for the firm is treated equally, whatever their gender, age, ethnic origin, nationality, marital status, disability, sexual orientation or religious beliefs.