Bids and Proposals Manager
About the role and team
We are currently recruiting for a Bids and Proposals Manager to join our Marketing team! The successful candidate will have firm-wide responsibility of the proposals/pitch strategy in support of Sector business plans, from initiation to implementation. this is including ownership of the firm’s frameworks/panels, case study database and legal directory submissions (where applicable).
Key responsibilities in the role include:
- Firm-wide management/ownership of proposal/pitch function with oversight and input into all activity.
- Lead on the scoping, identification and evaluation of tender opportunities through procurement portals and existing legal frameworks.
- Advise on strategic bid / no bid decisions for opportunities and provide challenges where necessary. Particular focus on capacity of fee earners to support submission and firm’s capabilities to deliver work (e.g. Internal staff capacity; profitability considerations).
- Leading and coordinating tender teams, including setting up kick-off meetings, determining timelines and project plans, ensuring all contributors are aware of their responsibilities and meet their deadlines.
- Production and submission of compelling winning bids, tenders and award entries for the firm. Identifying, revising and reworking submission content and pricing including adhering to brand guidelines.
- Focus on improving overall win rates across relevant sectors (e.g. Housing; Local Government).
- Assist fee earner teams in relation to the delivery of client facing presentations/interviews and the creation of supporting collateral.
- Ensure the tender process is fit for purpose, identifying opportunities to develop and enhancing it, and keep up to date with industry best practice. Retain key clients and win new clients, both in terms of project work and framework appointments.
- Maintaining the central knowledge bank to ensure standard information is available for stakeholders to access, including maintaining a database of submissions on the firm’s document management system.
- With the Marketing Communications Manager and the Bid Executive, ensuring case studies are completed promptly for use in tenders, within marketing collateral, on the website and for external communication/PR considerations.
- Continually update the tender tracker, firm panel/framework information and cloud dashboard. Use data to feed into the marketing dashboard monthly/quarterly with activity and success rates.
- Arrange debriefs, and provide feedback to relevant fee earners and CMT colleagues after each submission.
- Working with the Library team, contribute to business intelligence about tender opportunities and the market awareness of the firm.
- Attend Department and Sector group/lead meetings to discuss approaches to tenders including monthly meetings with Lead Executive/Practice Director on activity, performance and trends/themes.
- Share tender data, themes & best practice to CMT, Department Leads and Sector Leads.
- Provide regular framework / panel updates to Partners and their wider teams.
- Measure and communicate value/ROI for sector and firm-wide appointed frameworks and client legal panels.
- Coordination of firm’s awards submissions including providing advice on when we should and shouldn’t complete a submission.
- Coordination of the firm’s legal directory submissions (e.g. Chambers and Legal 500) including setting key internal deadlines to ensure submission within the deadlines, and providing advice and support to ensure that submissions are of a high standard.
- Proactive line management and development of the Bid Executive.
- Attend external events i.e. framework launches and supplier days where applicable.
- Other marketing support as requested by the Head of Marketing/BD.
About the candidate
- Experience in a business development role, developing tenders and bid submissions in a multi-sector and/or professional services environment.
- Proven experience in planning/delivering proposals in a complex business environment.
- Strong inter-personal skills working with Partners/Fee Earners and senior staff
- Extensive understanding of the bid/tender lifecycle.
- Experience of using tender and procurement portals.
- Right to work in the UK.
About the firm
Anthony Collins Solicitors is a specialist law firm with a clear purpose – to “improve lives, communities and society". For over 40 years we’ve been successfully combining market-leading legal expertise with a commitment to excellence and long-term relationships underpinned by a strong set of values.
What makes Anthony Collins Solicitors distinctive, beyond simply being a sector-specialist law firm, is our people and the values we share. We’re extremely proud of the calibre of people that we attract; people who are inspired by our values, motivated by our vision and work with our clients to positively influence the society and communities we are building together.
Anthony Collins Solicitors is a committed Equal Opportunities employer promoting equality of opportunity. This means that everyone who either applies to or works for the firm is treated equally, whatever their gender, age, ethnic origin, nationality, marital status, disability, sexual orientation or religious beliefs.