Paralegal - Construction Litigation (6 Month FTC)
Trowers & Hamlins is a City-led, international and national law firm with over 130 partners and 830 staff. With offices across the UK, Middle East and Far East, we provide a full-service integrated offering.
Our clients operate in diverse industry sectors such as construction, transport and infrastructure, banking and financial services, distribution and logistics, education and health, hotels and leisure, defence, engineering and surveying, charities, retail and energy and natural resources. We also act for many high net worth individuals.
We are different and we believe it is our people that make us unique. We expect and respect that you and your talents are too. The truth is we don't prescribe who you are or how you ought to be. It's what you can do that interests us most.
While the work on offer is rewarding and often complex, the qualities we look for are simple. The ability to get on with people from all walks of life, for example. To talk and to listen. To develop the sorts of relationships that mean you win the friendship and loyalty of clients and colleagues alike. In short, to connect. These are the characteristics our people all have in common. They are vital, as is the drive and imagination to use your unique talents to the full. We will help you in this. In fact, we will support you in every way we can.
To support our Partners, Solicitors and Trainees on a range of transactional work varying in scale and complexity.
Typical Paralegal duties might include:
- Transactional support;
- Note taking and taking minutes;
- Preparing bundles;
- Document management and production;
- Filing of documents, correspondence and other documentation;
- File opening, archiving and billing;
- Scheduling and compiling bibles of documents;
- Photocopying and scanning;
- Building and maintaining effective client relationships;
- Ensuring files are managed in compliance with Lexcel procedures;
- Other ad hoc Paralegal/Admin duties.
What you'll need
- Ability to prioritise work effectively and meet deadlines;
- Good communication skills both oral and written;
- A strong team player;
- Extensive IT abilities;
- A positive and proactive attitude;
- Flexibility and commitment;
- An ability to operate with minimum supervision;
- Drive and enthusiasm;
- A willingness to learn;
- Flexible and willing to go the extra mile;
- Strong attention to detail with a methodical and logical approach;
- Common sense and ability to use initiative;
- University degree or equivalent;
- LPC is desired;
- Previous Litigation Paralegal experience essential;
- Construction experience desired but not essential
As part of our firm recruitment policy our candidates are subject to employment screening background checks. These checks include personal details, education and employment history, professional qualifications and credit and criminal checks as appropriate.
Trowers & Hamlins is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity and inclusion. All applications will be considered on merit and the applicant's suitability to meet the requirements of the role and will be treated equally irrespective of Ethnicity, Gender (including Trans and non-binary) Race, Disability, Religion and sexual orientation.