International HR Advisor
6 days left
- Experience Level
- Officer / Analyst / Engineer / Executive / Coordinator
CMS, a future facing law firm, are currently looking for an ambitious HR Advisor to provide support to the International HR Managers across our International offices.
CMS is a Future Facing firm. With 75 offices in 43 countries and 4,800+ lawyers worldwide, we combine deep sector understanding with a global overview, giving us the ability not only to see what's coming, but to shape it.
CMS is well equipped to help our clients face the future with confidence. We are driven by technology and readily embrace the possibilities it opens up for developing new and better ways of delivering legal services. Our bold approach to a changing future ensures that we nurture our employees and recruit top talent.
About the Role
This role is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to gain valuable international experience of working in a geographically and culturally diverse part of the business which spans across Europe, Asia and Middle East. You will have the opportunity to be involved in a real breadth of HR activity, for example:
Supporting the International HR Managers to ensure that firm wide cyclical activity such as the appraisal process and salary review is managed effectively by the Office Managers on the ground and that they have the right information and data to do this.
Supporting partners and managers with advice on ER issues. Local employment law advice is available where you need it.
Working with the Office Managers to ensure that policies and contracts for each office are up to date with local employment legislation and fit for purpose.
Supporting with the annual review of international benefits provision, liaising with our brokers and internal stakeholders.
Supporting with salary benchmarking exercises to ensure our salaries are competitive in the relative markets.
Providing advice on international assignments to HR colleagues in the wider team.
Driving innovation and continuous improvement across the HR offering for CEE, Asia & Middle East.
Playing a key role in delivering new HR initiatives for both your aligned business area and the firm.
Playing a key role in cross firm working groups to establish new offices through leading or supporting on the HR related activity e.g liaising with local legal advisors to develop locally appropriate policies and contracts, ensuring immigration requirements are met and setting up medical and other insurances.
Liaising with in-house legal advisors and tax experts to ensure that contractual arrangements for partners / employees moving into new territories are legally compliant and meet our business objectives.
Supporting the on-going embedding of Modus, the Firm's People Proposition, across CEE, Asia & Middle East.
Leading or supporting on the HR aspects of team moves from other firms.
- Be comfortable dealing with ambiguity. This is a role where you will continually be exposed to new challenges.
- Be comfortable with being in front of senior leaders of the business but also happy taking on administrative tasks, as required.
- Have strong HR knowledge and the ability to manage a range of issues.
- Take a commercial approach, drawing on good analytical skills and strong attention to detail.
- Be able to demonstrate good coaching, influencing and negotiation skills.
- Have good written and oral communication skills. Able to articulate best practice HR in a practical and accessible manner, both face to face and in writing, tailoring it to their audience.
- Be able to build relationships at all levels based on trust, respect, service delivery and understanding of cultural differences.
- Have strong organisational skills and ability to work under pressure.
- Be willing to travel nationally and internationally as and when required.
At CMS, a next-generation mindset is woven into all we do. We're diverse, supportive and inclusive, embracing our corporate social responsibility and creating a culture of sustainability in which every one of our people, whatever their background, can maximise their potential and thrive.
For further information about CMS' diversity initiatives and programmes, please click here to view the diversity pages on our website.
Please apply online or contact a member of the Talent Acquisition team if you have any questions. For information regarding our competitive range of benefits please visit our Rewards & Benefits page on our website.
Please note that CMS have a preferred agency panel in place. Only applications submitted via the portal at the point of instruction will be accepted.