Pricing and Profitability Accountant
Think commercial, think business, think finance.
DLA Piper, a leading global law firm, we operate globally across more than 40 countries, but we’re still locally connected. That’s because trusting, collaborative relationships with our clients and each other are at the heart of our success. We thrive on our clients’ complex challenges and deliver exceptional results. We are trusted advisors, innovators and game-changers, going above and beyond to open new opportunities and accelerate growth.
We are looking for a commercially minded accountant to join as a Pricing and Commercial Finance Accountant, who will be a key part of our best in class Pricing and Profitability team sitting within the Finance function. Located ideally in Sheffield (Leeds or Manchester also considered), the ideal successor will have previous experience within a commercial finance function and demonstrate exceptional analytical skills, encompassed with an outstanding interpersonal manner and well-developed stakeholder relationship management.
The firm’s increasing focus on a client and sector driven approach to developing the business has only enhanced the demand for pricing support and profitability analysis of our work for clients. This has been an area of investment for the firm, both by way of increased resource and investing in new technology, as the function supports our Partners at an international level.
Join team EXCEPTIONAL, join us!
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work closely with partners to prepare and propose alternative fee arrangements that meet both client and business requirements. This will include establishing and maintaining relationships across a number of stakeholders; Pitch, Marketing, Business & Service Delivery, but more importantly partners and clients
- Proactively contact partners to obtain details of pricing being offered and critically assess impact
- Interpreting requirements within RFPs to develop the pricing approach, including appropriate analysis and forecasting of profitability
- Follow up with partners and pitch team with regard to result of pitch and liaising with charge out rates team / billing co-ordinator with regard to agreed rates
- Taking responsibility for following up successful arrangements with partners at routine intervals, assessing profitability and checking for any scope change
- Knowledge of pricing, calculating and presenting fee arrangements and an understanding of the levers affecting profitability would be preferable, but if not evidence of an adaptability to quickly adapt and understand a new business and industry will be valuable
- Confidence and initiative to bring ideas to the table in discussions with partners
- Experience of influencing decision makers, and have the confidence to explain and justify proposals
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal with the confidence and interpersonal skills to engage effectively with partners and senior management
- Professional approach, with an emphasis on customer service and a determination to get the job done
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to changing requirements and circumstances
- Ability to work in a high pressure environment to client enforced deadlines
- Positive attitude and adoption of a 'can do' approach
- Ability to analyse and model financial data to assist in pricing decisions
- Demonstration of the necessary interpersonal skills, in order to deal frequently with other teams within finance and other support areas: HR / BD / Marketing, explaining concepts to non-Finance staff
- Well-developed project management skills and the ability to manage conflicting timescales and priorities
- Team player and supportive of the delivery of any time critical projects
- IT literacy with excellent Excel skills demonstrating use of pivot tables, v-lookups, macros etc.
- An accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA etc.), with a background in pricing or commercial finance would be advantageous
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world. We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
In everything we do connected with our People, our Clients and our Communities, we live by these values:
- Be Supportive - we care about others, value diversity and act thoughtfully
- Be Collaborative - we give, we share and we join in
- Be Bold - we stand tall and challenge ourselves to think big
- Be Exceptional - we exceed standards and expectations
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
At DLA Piper, diversity and inclusion underpins how we live our values and everything we do. We believe that everyone has a voice, and that everyone’s voice counts. We know that the rich diversity across our firm makes us stronger, more innovative and creative, which helps us to better serve our clients and communities. We are committed to providing an inclusive working environment and culture across our global firm, where everyone can bring their authentic self to work.
Diversity of perspective, thought, background and culture combine to make us the leading global law firm; that’s why we actively seek to build balanced teams. We welcome the unique contribution that you will bring to our firm and actively encourage applications from all talented people – however your talent is packaged, whatever your background or circumstance and regardless of how you identify.
We support anyone with a disability or long term health condition to ensure they have the opportunity to perform at their best. If you have not done so already, please let us know if you require any support so we can make the right adjustments and considerations should they be required.
We know that people have responsibilities and interests outside of their career and that as a business, we all benefit from working flexibly. That's why we are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support requests for agile working arrangements.
In the event that we make an offer to you, and where local legislation permits, we will conduct pre-engagement screening checks that may include but are not limited to your professional and academic qualifications, your eligibility to work in the relevant jurisdiction, any criminal records, your financial stability and references from previous employers.