Are you looking for your first big opportunity?
In a world that’s facing greater change than ever before, DLA Piper is redefining the possible in what it means to be an international law firm - collaborating, pioneering and championing transformation. We drive a large change within our business, including our finance function and it is a rare occasion to have an opportunity for someone who is at the start of their professional career, probably looking for the one big opportunity which could provide them with an experience from a global law firm, while observing and participating on its transformation.
Our finance reporting team will welcome an Accounting Assistant for a temporary 6 months period, to join the team of exceptionally skilled accounting professional and improve their professional profile by gaining valuable experience from a global leader.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Various month end tasks as required
- A number of manual month end reporting tasks to ensure that we can continue service delivery of Flash Reports / Management Reporting Packs, Bills delivered and Net profit report
- Assist with testing and transition to automate reports as required
- Provide cover for the maintenance of headcount in Elite that drives metrics
- Look after the MI inbox to ensure queries are dealt with and sent on to the right team member
- Assistance with Budgets & Forecasts as required
- Provide support to other members of the team as required
- Cover for other Assistants as required
- Provide support to automation and transition work
- Opportunities to get involved in various new projects within the team and with other finance teams as required – may include projects, data analysis and testing as required
- Prior data processing experience or part qualified Accountant CIMA / ACCA or similar – ideally 1+ years part qualified
- Proven fast learner – prior temporary/contract experience desirable
- Advanced Excel skills (i.e. pivot tables, Sumif, Vlookup)
- Able to build trust and rapport to develop effective relationships quickly
- Be able to build and maintain strong productive relationships
- Demonstrate an enthusiastic, patient and collaborative working style
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world. We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
In everything we do connected with our People, our Clients and our Communities, we live by these values:
- Be Supportive - we care about others, value diversity and act thoughtfully
- Be Collaborative - we give, we share and we join in
- Be Bold - we stand tall and challenge ourselves to think big
- Be Exceptional - we exceed standards and expectations
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
At DLA Piper, diversity and inclusion underpins how we live our values and everything we do. We believe that everyone has a voice, and that everyone’s voice counts. We know that the rich diversity across our firm makes us stronger, more innovative and creative, which helps us to better serve our clients and communities. We are committed to providing an inclusive working environment and culture across our global firm, where everyone can bring their authentic self to work.
Diversity of perspective, thought, background and culture combine to make us the leading global law firm; that’s why we actively seek to build balanced teams. We welcome the unique contribution that you will bring to our firm and actively encourage applications from all talented people – however your talent is packaged, whatever your background or circumstance and regardless of how you identify.
We support anyone with a disability or long term health condition to ensure they have the opportunity to perform at their best. If you have not done so already, please let us know if you require any support so we can make the right adjustments and considerations should they be required.
We know that people have responsibilities and interests outside of their career and that as a business, we all benefit from working flexibly. That's why we are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support requests for agile working arrangements.
In the event that we make an offer to you, and where local legislation permits, we will conduct pre-engagement screening checks that may include but are not limited to your professional and academic qualifications, your eligibility to work in the relevant jurisdiction, any criminal records, your financial stability and references from previous employers.