It couldn’t be a better time to join.
DLA Piper is a global law firm on its transitional journey to become the law firm of the future. The firm embraces change, while supporting individuality, recognising talent, enabling our people to achieve their professional best, which is exactly why have we been so successful as a firm. DLA Piper is a commercially minded global firm, challenging the status quo, on its way to become even more successful and we are inviting you to join us on this journey.
Our people culture is implemented by a team of professionals, a function, also transforming, to ensure further sophistication in all aspects of human resources, one of the area of growth and development being the area of reward. We are looking for a proactive and passionate reward analyst, who will join our reward team in London and join us at a very exciting time. The ideal candidate will be experienced, but also ready to take on a challenge and join an international firm striving for excellence.
Join us on the journey and apply!
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan for and co-lead on the UK annual salary and bonus review (full cycle), creating the timeline, documenting and adhering to deadlines and ensuring appropriate and effective administration, communication tools and correct handover of data to payroll and systems teams
- Support with the setup and maintenance of the compensation tool, working with the team as a subject matter expert to support the rollout of future compensation and benefit systems
- Ensure the salary, bonus, pension and benefits are benchmarked using agreed credible data sources and analyse the findings on a regular basis. Responsible for survey submissions and vendor relations
- Undertake financial modelling and budgeting for the annual review and as required in projects
- Work to embed the role framework in reward practices, completing regular audits and support with changes and with upskilling the wider firm
- Produce the data for the annual D& I report (e.g. gender/ethnicity pay report) and run equal pay reviews
- Manage any changes to the real living wage
- Work on wider HR projects from time to time as agreed, which may be UK or international in scope
- Work with the HR Operations team to ensure that employee data relating to salary, bonus and framework is correctly recorded in the HR system for the UK and audit on an annual basis at the time of the salary review
- Engaging within HR to ensure performance related remuneration systems and policies are effectively documented, communicated, planned for and reported
- Assist with maintenance of the compensation and benefits framework, policies and processes in line with the overall business strategy
- Engage with the business as a subject matter expert to ensure that Reward is seen as a visible partner which is relevant to the wider strategic agenda of the firm
- Be an accomplished Reward analyst with practical experience of salary and bonus review, benchmarking, compensation systems and benefit policies/administration
- Have excellent Excel, Report Writing, PowerPoint skills and experience of HR systems and data manipulation
- Be able to communicate clearly, effectively and confidently both orally and in writing
- Apply specific knowledge and expertise to provide solutions to problems and respond positively and credibly, to overcome any barriers
- Have proven experience of acting as the primary point of contact for a defined population
- Take the initiative to identify new opportunities and challenge established ways of doing things
- Knowledge of equal pay methodologies and their application
- Collaborate and share by encouraging teamwork and building a strong team spirit
- Have a good understanding of the HR business partner and specialist team model, with the ability to operate effectively as part of a larger, international HR team within a matrixed, partnership environment
- Understanding of employee benefits, administration and experience of working with vendors would be ideal
- Experience of a partnership or professional services environment would be beneficial
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world. We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
In everything we do connected with our People, our Clients and our Communities, we live by these values:
- Be Supportive - we care about others, value diversity and act thoughtfully
- Be Collaborative - we give, we share and we join in
- Be Bold - we stand tall and challenge ourselves to think big
- Be Exceptional - we exceed standards and expectations
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
At DLA Piper, diversity and inclusion underpins how we live our values and everything we do. We believe that everyone has a voice, and that everyone’s voice counts. We know that the rich diversity across our firm makes us stronger, more innovative and creative, which helps us to better serve our clients and communities. We are committed to providing an inclusive working environment and culture across our global firm, where everyone can bring their authentic self to work.
Diversity of perspective, thought, background and culture combine to make us the leading global law firm; that’s why we actively seek to build balanced teams. We welcome the unique contribution that you will bring to our firm and actively encourage applications from all talented people – however your talent is packaged, whatever your background or circumstance and regardless of how you identify.
We support anyone with a disability or long term health condition to ensure they have the opportunity to perform at their best. If you have not done so already, please let us know if you require any support so we can make the right adjustments and considerations should they be required.
We know that people have responsibilities and interests outside of their career and that as a business, we all benefit from working flexibly. That's why we are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support requests for agile working arrangements.
In the event that we make an offer to you, and where local legislation permits, we will conduct pre-engagement screening checks that may include but are not limited to your professional and academic qualifications, your eligibility to work in the relevant jurisdiction, any criminal records, your financial stability and references from previous employers.