Paralegal - Know-How - Banking Regulatory
We are currently looking for a Paralegal to join our Banking - Regulatory Team in London.
Our Financial Services (FS) Regulatory team is comprised of lawyers across our office network, covering all of the world's principal financial markets. We are able to offer our clients expertise in the key regions, from a full-service coverage of the key European jurisdictions, including London and Frankfurt, to our U.S. regulatory practice led from our New York and Washington D.C. offices. We also have well established offices in the Middle East and Asia Pacific region that have been involved in setting up many of the regulatory systems that exist in those regions today.
Our lawyers offer clients extensive regulatory experience and they lead thinking on regulatory developments, helping clients in lobbying on, planning for and implementing changes as they occur. Areas we advise on include bank structuring, securities and derivatives regulation, capital and liquidity requirements, marketing and selling restrictions, clearing and settlement, payment services and payments systems, Fintech including cryptoassets, custody and prime brokerage and recovery and resolution planning. As an international team we are very experienced in providing international comparative advice on regulatory matters that helps our clients decide where best to conduct their business and gives them a competitive advantage. This is even more important post Brexit.
An opportunity has arisen for a Paralegal to join the FS Regulatory team, which is part of our Banking department on a full time contract. The role will consist of providing support to the know-how function on a variety of matters.
- Counsel and Senior Professional Support Lawyers
- Partners, Associates and the wider team
- Wider A&O community
Role and responsibilities
- Summarising and tracking legislative developments from regulatory consultation papers to published legislation
- Participating in and assisting with the day-to-day management of a variety of matters and projects
- Legal research
- Extracting, transcribing and analysing information
- Assisting in the production and distribution of client bulletins
- Proofreading documents and client bulletins
- Answering client queries directly
- Know-how profiling, searches and filing
- Maintaining regulatory bibles
- 2:1 law degree or equivalent
- LPC nice to have but not essential
- Previous banking paralegal experience nice to have but not essential
Who we are looking for
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at any one time and to prioritise between tasks
- Organised and methodical approach to work
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work hard within a fast paced environment and meet deadlines
- Excellent communication, professionalism and interpersonal skills are essential.
- Must be a team player with the initiative to lead projects and matters assigned to them
- Positive attitude and style with clients and fee earners
- Pro-active approach and ability to demonstrate initiative
Allen & Overy LLP is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements.
Additional information - External
Allen & Overy is a leading global law firm operating in over thirty countries. Embracing new trends and harnessing decades of experience, we’ve earned our place at the forefront of the legal industry. Our partners are recognised as leaders in their field and our deals and cases often make headline business news. As a result, we’ve developed a reputation for delivering exceptional legal solutions that not only solve our clients’ challenges but exceed their expectations. By embracing new ways of thinking, integrating technology into our everyday work and putting our people first, we’ve become known for leading by example.
Join our team and you’ll be part of a flexible, inclusive culture underpinned by openness and consistent support for one another. Our culture enables people to define their own career path based on their strengths, while our ambitious outlook ensures we continue to provide each person with opportunities to thrive. We’re also committed to supporting a culture that drives diversity and inclusion. Every day, we’re working hard to create an environment where you feel you can bring your authentic self to work. To be comfortable and confident to be who you are in the workplace. To feel like you belong. If you’re ready to play your part in defining the future of law: It’s Time.