Legal Assistant - Planning
About the role and team
Our Planning team provide support to local authorities across the country in local government law, specifically in Planning, Highways and Licensing.
We are looking for a Legal Assistant/Paralegal to undertake the following duties:
- Drafting of legal agreements and advice notes under supervision
- Assisting in securing new planning permissions
- Statutory appeals
- Researching local planning authority policies and planning register records
- Conduct research in relevant areas and identify national planning policy frameworks
- National planning practice guidance provisions
- Negotiating and settling the content of planning obligations and planning conditions
- Instructing and liaising with external consultants
- Where requested, to be involved in the production of newsletters, marketing materials and other documents for the benefit of clients generally
- Develop knowledge and understanding by attendance at relevant in house training sessions to support personal and career development. Those undertaking the CILEX qualification must ensure they complete their CPD requirements.
- To support planning surgeries and attendance at virtual planning committees
- To keep updated client instruction spreadsheets=
This role will initially be undertaken working from home whilst national restrictions apply. Thereafter, it will be office based.
About the candidate
We are looking for a candidate who is extremely organised and is used to working on multiple tasks with often conflicting deadlines.
The ideal candidate will have the following experience and can demonstrate:
- Relevant experience of a similar Planning role, ideally within a commercial law firm
- Strong organisation skills
- Can work with autonomy
- Excellent communication skills
- Confident with good interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication
- The ability to multi task and prioritise accordingly
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications and relevant legal IT systems
About the firm
Anthony Collins Solicitors is a specialist law firm with a clear purpose – to “improve lives, communities and society". For over 40 years we’ve been successfully combining market-leading legal expertise with a commitment to excellence and long-term relationships underpinned by a strong set of values.
What makes Anthony Collins Solicitors distinctive, beyond simply being a sector-specialist law firm, is our people and the values we share. We’re extremely proud of the calibre of people that we attract; people who are inspired by our values, motivated by our vision and work with our clients to positively influence the society and communities we are building together.
Anthony Collins Solicitors is a committed Equal Opportunities employer promoting equality of opportunity. This means that everyone who either applies to or works for the firm is treated equally, whatever their gender, age, ethnic origin, nationality, marital status, disability, sexual orientation or religious beliefs.