Trowers & Hamlins is a City-led, international and national law firm with over 130 partners and 830 staff. With offices across the UK, Middle East and Far East, we provide a full-service integrated offering.
Our clients operate in diverse industry sectors such as construction, transport and infrastructure, banking and financial services, distribution and logistics, education and health, hotels and leisure, defence, engineering and surveying, charities, retail and energy and natural resources. We also act for many high net worth individuals.
We are different and we believe it is our people that make us unique. We expect and respect that you and your talents are too. The truth is we don't prescribe who you are or how you ought to be. It's what you can do that interests us most.
While the work on offer is rewarding and often complex, the qualities we look for are simple. The ability to get on with people from all walks of life, for example. To talk and to listen. To develop the sorts of relationships that mean you win the friendship and loyalty of clients and colleagues alike. In short, to connect. These are the characteristics our people all have in common. They are vital, as is the drive and imagination to use your unique talents to the full. We will help you in this. In fact, we will support you in every way we can.
Where you'll work
Trowers & Hamlins' dedicated Real Estate Finance Security (REFS) team is made up of 31 lawyers nationally. The team acts for lenders and borrowers, including Registered Providers of affordable housing, on all aspects of property due diligence work required to secure various finance structures and to support large scale property transactions.
Due to growth we are seeking to hire an additional Administration Assistant in our Manchester office to provide full administrative support to the busy REFS team in our Manchester office and also to support the national REFS team.
What you'll be doing
- Making large scale applications for searches and document requests and monitoring to ensure prompt delivery
- Using Land Registry Portal and online searches services
- Liaising with search providers regarding large scale portfolio applications and assisting with associated queries
- Obtaining documents and confirmations from local authorities and other third parties and assisting with associated queries
- Downloading from local authority portals or making contact by email and telephone, and managing all requests
- Managing datarooms and electronic storage and filing of deeds, documents, correspondence and other documentation
- Scheduling and compiling bibles of documents
- Checking of schedules and management of documents
- Engrossing fixed charges and other documents
- Compiling pdf documents with numerous annexes, electronic signatures and arranging dating
- Collating due diligence packs for fee earners, particularly for large scale charging portfolios
- Assisting with the administration of file archiving and retrieval service
- Ad hoc administrative duties where required
What you'll need
- Ability to prioritise work effectively and meet deadlines
- Strong attention to detail with a methodical and logical approach
- A strong team player
- Bright and enthusiastic
- Ability to use initiative and apply common sense
- A positive and proactive attitude
- Flexibility and commitment
- An ability to operate autonomously with minimum supervision – a self-starter
- Good computer skills, including knowledge of MS Word and Excel (essential)
- Previous experience in an administrative role (desirable)
As part of our firm recruitment policy our candidates are subject to employment screening background checks. These checks include personal details, education and employment history, professional qualifications and credit and criminal checks as appropriate.
Trowers & Hamlins is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity and inclusion. All applications will be considered on merit and the applicant's suitability to meet the requirements of the role and will be treated equally irrespective of Ethnicity, Gender (including Trans and non-binary) Race, Disability, Religion and sexual orientation.