Strategic Programme Manager
Ashurst is a leading global law firm with a history spanning almost 200 years, and clear strategy for our future growth. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing exceptional standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law.
In order to comply with regulatory and client requirements, Ashurst will undertake appropriate vetting of staff. When applicants accept a job offer, Ashurst, alongside a specialist provider, will undertake professional verification and background checks. These checks are only undertaken with consent, and in accordance with our legal and regulatory obligations
Role: Strategic Programme Manager
Reporting to: Chief Business Development Officer (CBDO)
Hours of work - Monday to Friday, 8.30/9:00 - 17:00/17:30, however you will be required to work such hours as are necessary to carry out your duties.
This role is responsible for the day to day development and application of strategic support relating to the Firm's five divisions, working alongside the global client and industry program, the practice business development team and in conjunction with the Firm's central strategy function.
Working closely with the Chief Busines Development Officer, the role will drive strategic support across key "go to market" opportunities as identified in conjunction with global Divisional Heads and the Business Development Leadership Group. In addition, the role will sits across all facets of the Business Development function, and will be central in supporting the relevant projects being championed by the Business Development Function and the Chief Business Development Officer (CBDO). The individual will also act in a formal capacity as a proxy to the CBDO.
- Play a supporting role to the CBDO and Divisional Heads in driving forward aspects of the go to market strategy across the firm's five divisions.
- Play a key role in supporting the Business Development Leadership Group including Secretariat support for the long-form strategic planning meetings.
- Support the development and implementation of the global business action plan for the firm's 2023 goals working in conjunction with the Business Development Leadership Group.
- In conjunction with the firm's research and analytics functions, support the development of analytical work to complement ideas which are being put forward to the Divisional Heads.
- Support profile raising opportunities including co-branded insights and trends we are seeing papers.
- Support the CBDO in preparing for Executive Team meetings including presentation preparation and coordination of content amongst the Business Development Leadership Group.
- Develop a project management approach to driving forward KPIs for the firm's divisions and keeping key initiatives on track across the firm.
- Act as a proxy/Chief of Staff for the CBDO.
Essential skills and experience:
- Significant Business Development experience - ideally, will have worked within a law firm environment.
- Has the gravitas and commercial acumen to work with the firmwide leadership team
- Ability to juggle a busy and varied workload, prioritise tasks and meet deadlines.
- Determination and commitment to ensure successful completion of projects.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong networking skills - connecting people within the firm and help build their networks
- Tackles problems, formulates solutions and engages with others to ensure solutions are implemented
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to present in a compelling way and gain the respect and trust of senior stakeholders
- Robust, resourceful and resilient, with the ability to adapt quickly to different situations and personalities
- Sets expectations for continuous development and leads by example
- Lateral thinking and the ability to overcome obstacles.