Project Coordinator - 12 Month FTC
Ashurst is a leading global law firm with a history spanning almost 200 years, and a clear strategy for our future growth. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing exceptional standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law. To find out more please visit here
In order to comply with regulatory and client requirements, Ashurst will undertake appropriate vetting of staff. When applicants accept a job offer, Ashurst, alongside a specialist provider, will undertake professional verification and background checks. These checks are only undertaken with consent, and in accordance with our legal and regulatory obligations
Business Area: Ashurst Advance
Role: Project Coordinator - 12 Month FTC
Reporting to: Legal Transformation Programme Manager
Hours of work:
Full time, Monday to Friday
Working with the Legal Transformation Programme's (LTP) leadership team to facilitate and monitor the delivery of all projects in the programme's portfolio.
This programme is a core part of the firm's 2023 strategy to help drive performance, and will enable the firm to deliver highly competitive and market leading legal services. The individual will play a key role in enabling Ashurst Advance to deliver a complex global transformation of the operating model by which each practice group delivers its legal services to clients, from initiation to realisation of full benefits where there is a significant level of interdependency across workstreams.
The main responsibilities will include, but not limited to, the following:
- Support the LTP Manager to liaise with project managers, change managers and business analysts regarding all projects in the LTP portfolio.
- Manage document and information distribution, report collation and team communication
- Create and review programme reports.
- Monitor project timelines and any risks that may impact project milestones.
- Share relevant documentation and reports with project teams.
- Develop in-depth understanding of project due diligence and the LTP's pipeline analysis.
- Facilitate and set up project gate reviews with project teams.
- Facilitate and set up project plan and artefact reviews with project managers.
- Set up and systemise an orderly document management folder structure for the LTP to use.
- Provide support to project managers and business leaders when requested.
- Assist in building a strong team by cultivating relationships between functions and teams and illustrating how individual team members affect the success of the entire project.
- Maintain and update project templates.
- Facilitate RAID and project delivery meetings.
- Ensure project teams maintain their artefacts in the document management system.
Risk and Control: Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with our regulatory requirements and internal policies.
Essential skills and experience:
We are looking for a highly motivated individual with the following skills and experience:
- Proven work experience as an analyst or project coordinator or similar role.
- Experience in project management, from conception to delivery.
- An ability to prepare and interpret flowcharts, schedules and step-by-step action plans.
- Solid organisational skills, including multitasking and time-management.
- Strong client-facing and teamwork skills.
- Familiarity with risk management and quality assurance control.
- Responsibility, autonomy, enthusiasm, humility, drive and a willingness to learn.
- Effective relationship builder, internally and externally.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written and strong interpersonal and influencing skills.
- High integrity (given to potential sensitivity of subject matter).
- Strong experience in working with main MS office applications (Excel, PowerPoint etc.).
Desired skills and experience
Each of the following skills or experiences would be an advantage but is not a pre-requisite:
- Financial literacy with specific reference to a law firm environment.
- Hands-on experience with project management tools (e.g. MS Project, JIRA or PPM).
- Agile / PMP / PRINCE2 certification.