- Experience Level
- Officer / Analyst / Engineer / Executive / Coordinator
Ashurst is a leading global law firm with a history spanning almost 200 years, and clear strategy for our future growth. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing exceptional standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law.
In order to comply with regulatory and client requirements, Ashurst will undertake appropriate vetting of staff. When applicants accept a job offer, Ashurst, alongside a specialist provider, will undertake professional verification and background checks. These checks are only undertaken with consent, and in accordance with our legal and regulatory obligations.
Business Area - Financial Management
Role: Management Accountant
Location: Glasgow (Hybrid WFH/office based)
Reporting to: Group Accounting Manager
Hours of work - Monday to Friday, 9:00 - 5:30, however you will be required to work such hours as are necessary to carry out your duties
Department/ Role Overview:
Work as a key member the group accounting team to ensure the timely and accurate preparation of group accounts and other management and statutory financial information, with a focus on process improvement and ensuring that appropriate controls and reconciliations are in place and maintained.
Month End Accounting & Reporting
- Assist Group Accounting Manager with monthly WIP valuation process and twice yearly certification process.
- Monthly review of management accounts for Italy office. Provide ongoing support to local team following roll out of 3E reporting system.
- Monthly review of management accounts for the Middle East offices and support to local team.
- Manage intercompany reconciliation, billing and clearing process including primary/secondary billing.
- Monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Provide financial support to the business support functions and senior management as necessary.
- Coordination and oversight of specific support function annual budgets.
- Liaise with Function Heads to ensure full understanding and commentary on budget outputs and support periodic P&L reforecasting as required.
- Adherence to global timetable.
Year end audit and statutory reporting responsibilities
- Assist with the preparation of statutory accounts including ownership of specific disclosure notes.
- Ensure compliance with UK GAAP across the global firm.
- Secondment accounting and location adjustments.
Adhoc project support
Risk and Control: Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with our regulatory requirements and internal policies.
Essential skills and experience:
- Relevant accounting qualification (ICAS, ICAEW, ACCA, CIMA etc) or working towards a accounting qualification with relevant accounting experience.
- Experience of management accounts and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Good understanding of UK GAAP and statutory reporting.
- Highly numerate with a good understanding of financial and management information systems.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Advanced analytical skills, ability to manipulate and make sense of large volumes of data.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate clearly and persuasively, orally or in writing with all levels of stakeholders and staff.
- Excellent delivery skills with a clear track record that demonstrates this.
Desired skills and experience
- Experience of working in an international and multi-currency business, preferably within the professional services (ideally legal) sector.
- Experience of working with Elite 3e or Cognos TM1 would be an advantage.