Central Registry Assistant
Trowers & Hamlins is a City-led, international and national law firm with over 130 partners and 830 staff. With offices across the UK, Middle East and Far East, we provide a full-service integrated offering.
Our clients operate in diverse industry sectors such as construction, transport and infrastructure, banking and financial services, distribution and logistics, education and health, hotels and leisure, defence, engineering and surveying, charities, retail and energy and natural resources. We also act for many high net worth individuals.
We are different and we believe it is our people that make us unique. We expect and respect that you and your talents are too. The truth is we don't prescribe who you are or how you ought to be. It's what you can do that interests us most.
While the work on offer is rewarding and often complex, the qualities we look for are simple. The ability to get on with people from all walks of life, for example. To talk and to listen. To develop the sorts of relationships that mean you win the friendship and loyalty of clients and colleagues alike. In short, to connect. These are the characteristics our people all have in common. They are vital, as is the drive and imagination to use your unique talents to the full. We will help you in this. In fact, we will support you in every way we can.
Where you'll work
We are recruiting for a Central Registry Assistant to support the Operations department in Manchester. The main purpose of this role is to manage the archiving of files, deeds and wills for the Manchester office in accordance with firm wide policies and procedures. The role will also involve general office support with post, print room, stationery and all other General Office functions.
What you'll be doing
- Registration of deeds in the Records Management system and with Hill Group
- Sending files and deeds to archive and associated processing in the Firm and Hill Group systems
- Management of the destruction of files in accordance with Firmwide file destruction policies
- Support for other general office staff to handle the retrieval of files and deeds from Hill Group system
- Assisting with processing and distribution of incoming post, DX and couriers
- Assisting with preparation of outgoing post, DX and couriers
- Hand deliveries where required
- Photocopying, scanning, printing, binding of documents
- Other administrative and housekeeping duties as required
- Assistance to Front of House for set up for large events and meetings
This list of duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and may be subject to change depending on the needs of the business
What you'll need
- A positive and proactive attitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively handle and prioritise competing demands and work within deadlines
- Strong attention to detail with a methodical and logical approach
- An effective and committed team player
- Ability to use initiative and apply common sense
- An ability to operate autonomously with minimum supervision – a self-starter
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information
- Bright, enthusiastic and flexible
- Committed and hardworking
- Organised and self-motivated
- Previous office and reception experience (desirable)
- Good computer skills (including Outlook, Microsoft Word and Excel)
As part of our firm recruitment policy our candidates are subject to employment screening background checks. These checks include personal details, education and employment history, professional qualifications and credit and criminal checks as appropriate.
Trowers & Hamlins is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity and inclusion. All applications will be considered on merit and the applicant's suitability to meet the requirements of the role and will be treated equally irrespective of Ethnicity, Gender (including Trans and non-binary) Race, Disability, Religion and sexual orientation.