Procurement Specialist (12 month contract)
We are currently recruiting for a Procurement Specialist to join our London based team on a 12 month contract to be responsible for delivering a project to update and amend a large number of contracts that contain legacy terms that need replacing. They will also provide operational support to the procurement managers in the team to assist with routine contract reviews and renewals. The role will also work with closely with the firm’s audit and marketing teams to assist with responding to information and reporting requests.
Role and responsibilities
- Act as the project on designated projects, managing the end to end process (including the legacy contract update project)
- Support the Procurement Managers as required on strategic projects and with routine contract reviews and renewals
- Prepare and distribute regular reports to pre-determined timescales
- Regular reporting of expenditure by category, market or business unit, supplier etc
- Procurement and supplier management dashboards and reports
- Procurement pipeline activity and achievement of savings opportunities
- Maintain the contract management database ensuring all contracts are in term or under notice of termination as agreed with stakeholder, to mitigate any financial or service risk. Renew contracts in line with agreed procedures and financial approval limits.
- Maintain the purchase order system
- Maintain the spend analytics and supplier risk monitoring system
- Where necessary work with the in-house lawyers to ensure appropriate agreements are developed that mitigate risk to the firm
- Assist the Senior Procurement Manager with ad hoc projects and activities
- Must have indirect procurement experience working across a variety of categories in a corporate environment
- Good knowledge of contract law (able to provide advice on terms to internal stakeholders)
- A self-starter that can act on their own initiative and actively seeks out new opportunities
- Able to work autonomously in a client facing function and effectively manage stakeholders
- The ability to drive work forward
- Driven by exceeding customer expectations
- Previous experience working in a professional services environment would be advantageous
- Degree educated
- CIPS qualified or part-qualified preferred
Allen & Overy LLP is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements.
Additional information - External
Allen & Overy is a leading global law firm operating in over thirty countries. By turning our insight, technology and talent into ground-breaking solutions, we’ve earned our reputation as a firm that leads the industry and opens up new possibilities in law. Our lawyers are leaders in their field – and the same goes for our support teams. Ambitious, driven and open to fresh perspectives, we find new ways to deliver our services and maintain our reputation for excellence, in all that we do.
The nature of law is changing and with that change brings unique opportunities. We are defined by our consistent commitment to creating a collaborative and supportive working culture and investing in your progress. We’re committed to supporting a culture that drives diversity and inclusion. Every day, we’re working hard to create an environment where you feel you can bring your authentic self to work. To be comfortable and confident to be who you are in the workplace. To feel like you belong. We offer rewarding careers that are built around your strengths and designed to ensure you can achieve your personal and professional ambitions. Joining our global team, you’ll discover what collaborating on a global scale really looks like; you’ll learn how to help drive change; and you’ll be at the heart of an organisation that’s defining the future of law. If you’re ready to find a place to thrive: It’s Time.