HR Operations Manager
We are currently recruiting for an HR Operations Manager to join our London office.
The Operations Manager will be responsible for the management of operational and administrative support across the department, alongside managing workplace facilities and equipment. The Operations Manager will oversee a range of internal processes relating to the smooth running of the department.
Role and responsibilities
PA responsibilities – diary, travel & documents
- One to one executive assistance to the Global HRD, to include organising extensive travel arrangements, diary management, filtering emails and calls as necessary, producing PowerPoint presentations, drafting communications and all other aspects of a PA role
- Specifically to support the Global HRD with the following:
- bi-weekly HR Heads calls (preparing agendas, attending meeting, writing up actions)
- collating information for the P&P Board agenda and MP reports
- drafting of global announcements
- This role will require you to be the “glue” of the global HR Team; to build relationships with HR team members at all levels to encourage everyone to work effectively and efficiently and providing a helpful and informative cascade of information via Collaborate
HR for HR
- Working in conjunction with the HR for HR team on some aspects of the HR lifecycle, ensuring relevant announcements are made (London and Global) and documents/lists updated
- Conducting exit interviews at Manager level and below
- Working with the Head of Support on the organisation of London HR and Global support talent discussions. Includes drafting of associated comms, preparation of spreadsheets, notetaking and circulating summary notes and organising the upload of information to PeopleSoft
- Overseeing the quarterly HR recognition scheme
- Taking a leading role on ad-hoc HR initiatives, eg.iManage rollout, space planning etc.
- Working closely with the HR PA, proactive scheduling of relevant topics into the HR Insights calendar.
- Support and organisation of Global HR Heads meetings, to include all logistical aspects (venues, speakers, branding, equipment)
- Leading the biannual global HRMs meeting; preparing the agenda and all logistical aspects
- In liaison with the HR PA and HR Committee, coordination and communication of all HR team activities and celebrations
HR Communication Platforms / Know-How
- Working closely with the HR PA, overseeing content on HR Collaborate as well as proactively creating and uploading useful documents for the benefit of the HR global team
- HR comms platform champion; leading by example, encouraging the team to collaborate more widely and more often
AD/ED promotions process
- Working closely with the Head of Support, managing the annual AD/ED process from start to finish; including timetabling, diary invites, drafting of comms, up until announcements are made/contracts are signed.
Global HR Induction
- Working closely with the HR PA on the induction of global new joiners at all levels including induction tours and 3 month catch-ups and all associated follow up. Updating the process in line with changes to policy, etc.
Forecast & Expenses
- Overseeing the budget process for London HR; liaising with Finance and budgetholders to agree annual forecasts and updating Opex within a given timeframe with sole responsibility for HR central codes. Preparing for and attending quarterly review meetings with Sasha. Dealing with queries.
- Approving all expense claims for HR London, ensuring correct codes are applied.
- Liaising with the Business Continuity Manager on all aspects of HR’s business continuity plan; updating plan documents as necessary throughout the year and organising annual exercises for the team. Supporting the Head of Support on the bi-annual BC audit.
- All managerial responsibilities for the HR PA
- “Go to” person for incoming queries for the global HR team and key contact for other support functions and professional organisations
- Space planning for the department
- Collaborating with support team peers to share information and work efficiently
- Experience of providing administrative support in a pressurised environment; able to think on your feet, using own initiative and able to stay calm under pressure
- Able to spot/willingness to take on new initiatives on as your own and run with them independently
- People management experience and confidence to deal skilfully with people at all levels
- Must have a keen, pro-active attitude with excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Excellent attention to detail, prioritisation and organisational skills, including an ability to multi-task
- Able to use judgement and discretion; understands the confidential nature of the role
- Excellent time management skills and flexible approach, including a willingness to help others in the team
- Positive attitude, confident, friendly and approachable
- Able to influence, diplomatic and persuasive
- Professional appearance, conduct and manner
- Strong analytical ability; confident with numerical data
- Excellent knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Visio
- Confident in utilising available technologies: webinar, collaborate
Allen & Overy LLP is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements.
Additional information - External
Allen & Overy is a leading global law firm operating in over thirty countries. By turning our insight, technology and talent into ground-breaking solutions, we’ve earned our reputation as a firm that leads the industry and opens up new possibilities in law. Our lawyers are leaders in their field – and the same goes for our support teams. Ambitious, driven and open to fresh perspectives, we find new ways to deliver our services and maintain our reputation for excellence, in all that we do.
The nature of law is changing and with that change brings unique opportunities. We are defined by our consistent commitment to creating a collaborative and supportive working culture and investing in your progress. We’re committed to supporting a culture that drives diversity and inclusion. Every day, we’re working hard to create an environment where you feel you can bring your authentic self to work. To be comfortable and confident to be who you are in the workplace. To feel like you belong. We offer rewarding careers that are built around your strengths and designed to ensure you can achieve your personal and professional ambitions. Joining our global team, you’ll discover what collaborating on a global scale really looks like; you’ll learn how to help drive change; and you’ll be at the heart of an organisation that’s defining the future of law. If you’re ready to find a place to thrive: It’s Time.