Senior Digital Manager (12 month contract)
We are currently seeking a Senior Digital Manager to lead on the development and implementation of the firm’s digital channel strategy and roadmap of complex, integrated digital channels - overseeing the scope, planning, budgeting, priority setting, definition and initiation of digital initiatives to support the firm’s marketing communications and business development activities. The role has a global remit, supporting and advising all jurisdictions, legal practices and advanced delivery & solutions businesses in developing a digital, data-driven and social-centred approach to marketing. This role is being offered on a 12 month contract.
Role and responsibilities
- Lead the development and implementation of the firm’s digital channel strategy - enabling our lawyers, consultants and marketing, BD and communications professionals to efficiently publish content across multiple digital channels to effectively promote the firm and generate new business opportunities
- Own the development of and delivery of a roadmap of complex, integrated digital platforms to support the firm’s marketing communications and business development activities – constantly assessing the firm’s digital marketing and communications requirements and actively aligning changes in both product functionality and business need.
- The role holder will take primary responsibility for delivering on the current roadmap priorities, including:
- the continued development of and enhancements to the firm’s public website (allenovery.com)
- a social media training programme and implementation of tools to promote the wider engagement of social media across the firm
- consolidating other A&O websites such as our Seminar and Alumni Programme into the Sitecore CMS
- selection of and implementation of a Digital Asset Management system
- implementing a digital design system: ensuring consistency of the firm’s brand and design principles across our digital estate – including products delivered by our legal technology and advanced delivery businesses
- developing an efficient content publishing process to support the needs of the global business
- advising and holding training sessions for stakeholders on the best approach to digital thought-leadership campaigns and content across the website and social media
- devising relevant SEO strategies and developing a best practice approach to SEO and digital content writing principles
- Support the Social Media Executive in expanding A&O’s use of ppc advertising across Google, LinkedIn and other platforms
- Present to and get approval for the digital channel strategy and digital platform roadmap from the senior marketing leadership team
- Develop business cases and obtain approvals and budgets for digital projects on the roadmap from the firm’s senior governance groups and committees
- Manage supplier relationships, negotiations and budgets in relation to our core digital channels
- Take full responsibility for determining the resource requirements to support the strategy and roadmap. Currently this includes a team of one London based FTC and 5 permanent support staff in Belfast Shared Services Centre.
- Take responsibility for the personal development of the individual team members, delivering appropriate training and skills programmes to support the strategy and roadmap
- Develop a business change programme through the innovative use of data and analytics – identifying business opportunities by analysing client engagement across our digital channels. Ensuring that any initiatives meet regulatory requirements in relevant jurisdictions and have in-house legal approvals
- Define best practice policies and support the planning and execution of digital marketing and communications campaigns across the range of supported channels
- Constantly assess the quality of content across our digital channels, ensuring best practices are delivered
- substantial experience of managing complex digital and marketing communications-based initiatives and programmes
- a broad understanding of content management solutions and digital technologies is essential – Sitecore experience is desirable
- strong web design and experience, with content creative and editorial skills
- very high attention to detail with analytical and problem-solving skills – previous experience in developing KPIs and performance metrics of digital marketing campaigns
- experience of digital marketing techniques such as segmentation, automation, split testing and search engine optimisation
- first rate project and programme management skills
- experience in managing external suppliers/agencies and budgets
- a proven ability to lead and develop teams; highly collaborative
- driven and motivated to work in a continuously changing environment – focussed on delivery and end results
- excellent interpersonal and influencing skills with all levels across cultures
- superb communication skills, written and oral
- responsive, proactive and innovative
Who we are looking for
A highly driven, senior digital marketing communications expert with a broad understanding of digital communications channels and a mix of marketing, analytical, editorial, relationship management and organisational skills, preferably within a professional services environment.
Allen & Overy LLP is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements.
Additional information - External
Allen & Overy is a leading global law firm operating in over thirty countries. By turning our insight, technology and talent into ground-breaking solutions, we’ve earned a place at the forefront of our industry. Our lawyers are leaders in their field – and the same goes for our support teams. Ambitious, driven and open to fresh perspectives, we find innovative new ways to deliver our services and maintain our reputation for excellence, in all that we do.
The nature of law is changing and with that change brings unique opportunities. With our collaborative working culture, flexibility, and a commitment to your progress, we build rewarding careers. By joining our global team, you are supported by colleagues from around the world. If you’re ready for a new challenge, it’s time to seize the opportunity.