Responsible Business Assistant
We have an exciting opportunity for a Responsible Business Assistant to join the Human Resources team in our London office. The successful candidate will aid the delivery of the firm's Responsible Business strategy and assist with the tasks necessary to enable the team to effectively run its events and project work.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Plan, organise and attend diversity and inclusion events including taking responsibility for the marketing lists and invitations, room booking, catering, arrangements with speakers.
- Ensure the Responsible Business sections of the firm's intranet and website are kept up to date.
- Liaise with the firm's employee network groups on day to day issues such as planning events.
- Assist with Responsible Business projects as required including our Young Talent social inclusion programme.
- Assist with collating data and information for diversity and inclusion award submissions and the firm's annual Responsible Business Review.
- Assist with ensuring the Employee Handbook is kept up to date and accessible on the firm's intranet.
- Provide general administrative support to the Responsible Business team.
- This includes arranging meetings and any other duties, as reasonably requested by the CR Advisor or Head of Responsible Business, including basic data processing.
- Responsible for processing of invoices and expenses.
- Excellent academics, preferably educated to degree level or equivalent.
- 1-2 years of experience working within a corporate environment.
- Demonstrates an interest in Corporate Responsibility in a corporate environment.
- Excellent IT skills, including Outlook, Microsoft Work, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Willingness to use software packages that are unfamiliar.
- Excellent organisational skills and management skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Able to communicate effectively and confidently and adapt communications styles to different audiences.
- Able to adapt to shifting priorities and adjust plans appropriately.
- An ability to work well under pressure and to strict deadlines in a calm and measured way.
- Possesses a client-centred 'can-do' attitude.
- Is relationship focused and understands the importance of building networks both internally and externally.
- Uses initiative, thinks creatively and has good problem-solving skills.
- Can work effectively as part of a diverse and inclusive team and on one's own.
- Flexibility and a willingness to work additional hours on occasion as required.
Here at Simmons & Simmons
We believe our people define us. Our working environment is genuinely collegiate with a supportive atmosphere and team ethos - we have a reputation for being a friendly culture which we are very proud of. Flexible working, an inclusive and diverse culture, our innovative approach and being truly international are just a few more things that make us, us.
Below are a few more reasons to consider Simmons & Simmons for your next career move:
- Competitive benefits package.
- All year round dress down.
- International offices including: Hong Kong; Dubai; Tokyo; Dublin; Milan; Bristol; Madrid; Singapore to name a few.
- Generous employee referral bonus program.
- All offices have their own artwork collections - we have a Damien Hurst and a Tracey Emin in the London office.
- We were ranked as a Stonewall Top Global Employer in 2020 for the fifth year running.
- We have recently acquired Wavelength (the first regulated legal engineering firm in the world) which highlights our invested interest in innovation.