New Business Product Manager
- THIS OPPORTUNITY IS OPEN TO BOTH LONDON & BRISTOL CANDIDATES
The New Business Team is part of Simmons & Simmons Solutions, the home of the firm's non-traditional legal products and services. Spurred on by consistent growth and success for several years, the department is focusing on its next phase of development in line with the business' wider digital and legal technology strategy.
The New Business Product Manager will oversee a portfolio of existing digital products and take responsibility for assessing and launching new ideas.
What will you do:
- Work with Product Owners to manage a portfolio of existing legal products.
- Ownership of financial performance of these products, including working with Finance Department to optimise reporting.
- Ongoing assessment of viability of existing products, areas for improvement and management of updates and new features when required.
- Working with Sales team to improve client engagement and product sales.
- Engagement with stakeholders to generate and develop new product ideas.
- Management of product development process, including user testing and value proposition development.
- Working closely with the (new) products operations team to optimise ways of working and improve efficiencies from ideation through to invoicing.
- Working with internal and external development teams and management of third-party vendors when required.
What we are looking for:
- Experience with product and service development and management
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to manage uncertainty and balance multiple calls on their time
- Genuine interest and stake in the future of professional services
- Decent level of technological proficiency and the ability to have informed conversation with technical specialists
- Willingness and ability to build basic prototypes when necessary - using tools from PowerPoint to low code platforms.
- Education & Qualification - No minimum requirement - we're most interested in how you will apply your experience to the role, not the specifics of that experience.
Here at Simmons & Simmons:
We believe our people define us. Our working environment is genuinely collegiate with a supportive atmosphere and team ethos - we have a reputation for being a friendly culture which we are very proud of. Flexible working, an inclusive and diverse culture, our innovative approach and being truly international are just a few more things that make us, us.
Below are a few more reasons to consider Simmons & Simmons for your next career move:
• Competitive benefits package
• All year round dress down
• International offices including: Hong Kong; Dubai; Tokyo; Dublin; Milan; Bristol; Madrid; Singapore to name a few
• Generous employee referral bonus program
• All offices have their own artwork collections - we have a Damien Hurst and a Tracey Emin in the London office
• We were ranked as a Stonewall Top Global Employer in 2019 for the fourth year running.
• We have recently acquired Wavelength (the first regulated legal engineering firm in the world) which highlights our invested interest in innovation.
If you are interested in finding out more about this vacancy then please contact Emily.Rixon-Smith@simmons-simmons.com with any questions. To apply for the role please click on the link at the bottom of the page, where there is also a detailed job description.