Paralegal - Energy, Natural Resources & Infrastructure
Overview of the department
Our international multi-disciplinary ENRI practice covers project development, acquisition and financing across the energy, natural resources and infrastructure sectors (both UK and international). Our clients include major development finance institutions, governments, commercial banks, investment funds and industrial developers. We work with specialists in tax, environmental law, real estate, regulation and competition, offering our clients a totally integrate service and a strong industry focus.
What can we offer?
You will join our highly acclaimed and collegiate ENRI group, working alongside several leading lawyers. The role will be based in our Bristol office, but the teamwork cross office, so you will work with colleagues in London and internationally. You will have the opportunity to be involved with multi-billion-pound projects with prestigious clients as well as interesting and complex work for government agencies. Our ENRI group focus on the following areas: commercial and residential real estate development, real estate finance funding, EPC contracts for EfW solar wind and hydro projects, transport & logistics, defence, utilities and nuclear decommissioning, oil and gas pipelines, mining, petrochemicals, major thermal power, all forms of renewable energy and seawater desalination.
This role will support the UK ENRI group, providing support to fee-earners across various work streams including drafting, reviewing and proof-reading legal documents and collating and managing documents on high-value and often high-profile matters including international deals.
This is a great opportunity to gain legal experience with a firm which has an excellent reputation for the quality of work that it undertakes.
Education / qualifications / experience
- Law graduate with a first or upper second class degree or equivalent
- Previous paralegal experience within a Energy/Infrastructure, Projects, Construction, Corporate or Finance team - ideally gained at a leading firm
- Confident with IT systems, such as Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Accuracy, with keen eye for detail.
- Excellent organisational skills
- Good time management - ability to work to tight deadlines
- A professional and efficient approach to both clients and colleagues
- A pro-active approach and a positive 'can do' attitude to work
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Good communication skills, both oral and written