Legal Solutions Analyst
Simmons & Simmons are looking for a Legal Solutions Analyst to join our IT team on a permanent basis. The successful candidate will ideally be based in the Bristol office, however London based candidates will be considered.
Based within the Lawyer Productivity team, there is requirement for the better use of technology to improve the process of providing legal services to our clients. This opportunity is a hybrid business analyst and applications analyst role. The successful candidate will take business problems and opportunities, elicit requirements and design process and technical solutions, based on our existing applications estate (or tools that we may adopt in the future).
The role will work with our legal and productivity applications team by gathering business requirements and providing solutions using a combination of process change and our existing technology stack. Additionally, the role will proactively look at the tech market and inform and advise the IT business partners on new technologies that are emerging that our legal teams would benefit from. Solutions could range from productivity improvements, knowledge management, document production and management, collaboration, matter and task management, automation, or process improvements.
Please see attached JD for a more detailed description.
- A strong understanding of the Microsoft suite, including Power Apps
- A good understanding of Legal Tech (ideally BigHand Outline and Dictation, Litera suite and Nuance)
- A good understanding of Document Management Systems (ideally iManage Work)
- Track record of applying business or logical analysis to break down complex problems and identify viable solutions
- Able to work with user groups to break down loosely defined requirements into actionable facts that define the success of the project
- Understanding of transversal enterprise IT applications and the supporting IT and telecoms infrastructure, with specific reference to Microsoft and document production products
- Effective at building and sustaining relationships across all levels of the organisation, both within IT and beyond
- Credible in relaying detailed information to a non-expert audience in a manner that creates action and gets results
- Experience in acting as a point of reference to a delivery team, confident in working and negotiating with technical experts to ensure the project's mandate is achieved
- Experience of various tools and techniques applicable to breaking down problems, formulating solutions, and tracking and prioritising risks and issues
- Experience of developing financial tools to track and forecast spend against budget
- Strong time management, organisation and prioritisation skills, with the motivation to exceed expectations
- (Desirable) Law and/or professional services experience
- (Desirable) A good understanding of project lifecycle methodologies such as Prince 2, Waterfall and Agile and IT best practice frameworks such as ITIL
Here at Simmons & Simmons
We believe our people define us. Our working environment is genuinely collegiate with a supportive atmosphere and team ethos - we have a reputation for being a friendly culture which we are very proud of. Flexible working, an inclusive and diverse culture, our innovative approach and being truly international are just a few more things that make us, us.
Below are a few more reasons to consider Simmons & Simmons for your next career move:
- Competitive benefits package
- All year round dress down
- International offices including: Hong Kong; Dubai; Tokyo; Dublin; Milan; Bristol; Madrid; Singapore to name a few
- Generous employee referral bonus program
- All offices have their own artwork collections - we have a Damien Hurst and a Tracey Emin in the London office
- We were ranked as a Stonewall Top Global Employer in 2019 for the fourth year running
- We have recently acquired Wavelength (the first regulated legal engineering firm in the world) which highlights our invested interest in innovation