Business Development Executive
Trowers & Hamlins is a City-led, international and national law firm with over 130 partners and 830 staff. With offices across the UK, Middle East and Far East, we provide a full-service integrated offering.
Our clients operate in diverse industry sectors such as construction, transport and infrastructure, banking and financial services, distribution and logistics, education and health, hotels and leisure, defence, engineering and surveying, charities, retail and energy and natural resources. We also act for many high net worth individuals.
We are different and we believe it is our people that make us unique. We expect and respect that you and your talents are too. The truth is we don't prescribe who you are or how you ought to be. It's what you can do that interests us most.
While the work on offer is rewarding and often complex, the qualities we look for are simple. The ability to get on with people from all walks of life, for example. To talk and to listen. To develop the sorts of relationships that mean you win the friendship and loyalty of clients and colleagues alike. In short, to connect. These are the characteristics our people all have in common. They are vital, as is the drive and imagination to use your unique talents to the full. We will help you in this. In fact, we will support you in every way we can.
Where you'll work
Reporting to and working with a Senior Business Development Manager in the team, the successful candidate will support our Real Estate, and Banking and Finance teams as well as wider cross-departmental real estate groups. This role will also involve working with other managers and the Director of Marketing on specific projects and initiatives as well as close collaboration with other members of the team.
Existing knowledge of the real estate, infrastructure and the public sector would be beneficial although not necessary. Over time the individual will have the opportunity develop their knowledge of the sector to enable us to better support the legal teams' activities and the firm's clients' needs. This will include developing an understanding of the litigation and corporate / commercial services the firm provides to clients operating in the real estate sector.
Based in the firm's London, Birmingham and Dubai offices, the marketing and business development team of 25 supports all of the firm's offices. The role will require travel to and networking at industry events with occasional travel to the firm's UK offices - no international travel is anticipated at this stage.
What you'll be doing
- Play a key influencing role with partners on marketing initiatives and projects taking a lead role in executing new ideas and existing plans
- Roll out integrated campaigns and initiatives across PR, social media, print and internal and external events
- Planning, managing and attending internal and external events, conferences and client seminars
- Help draft and implement the marketing plans for your practice areas
- Support the client development programme for real estate clients and prospective clients
- Coordinate and monitor marketing budgets
- Dealing with enquiries from partners and fee earners on a day-to-day basis including department marketing meetings
- Coordinate the production of literature including marketing flyers, client newsletters and legal updates
- Manage track record and case studies for the sector supporting the bids team on bids
- Coordinate legal directory submissions for specific teams
- Working closely with other executives, assistants and managers in the team
- Working alongside the senior manager to supervise the work of an apprentice
What you'll need
- Good oral and written communication skills with a commitment to quality / high attention to detail
- A positive and proactive attitude with drive, enthusiasm and tenacity to see projects through to completion
- A desire to learn both about marketing but also about the sectors and markets in which we operate
- Excellent team working and influencing skills
- Flexibility and commitment – to work outside of normal office hours as required and to deliver projects to deadlines
- Ability to prioritise work effectively and meet deadlines under pressure
- Minimum of four years' marketing experience in a professional services environment (essential)
- Experience in and interest in the real estate, infrastructure and public sectors (desirable)
- CIM qualifications or equivalent (highly desirable)
As part of our firm recruitment policy our candidates are subject to employment screening background checks. These checks include personal details, education and employment history, professional qualifications and credit and criminal checks as appropriate.
Trowers & Hamlins is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity and inclusion. All applications will be considered on merit and the applicant's suitability to meet the requirements of the role and will be treated equally irrespective of Ethnicity, Gender (including Trans and non-binary) Race, Disability, Religion and sexual orientation.