Associate - Insurance & Construction
Our Insurance and Construction team advises insurers and professional firms on a range of professional risk and construction issues globally. With expertise across an international network, we achieve efficient results that achieve our client's business objectives.
Our reputation is built on defending professionals in claims, receiving instructions from both insurers and the insured firms themselves, who are recognised leaders in their profession. We also act in relation to pure construction disputes, in particular international arbitrations.
We are seeking to recruit an Associate to join the Bristol insurance & Construction team to focus predominantly on defending claims against construction professionals (including architects, engineers, project managers and quantity surveyors) and coverage disputes. There will be opportunities to work on other broader non-construction insurance related claims.
Your caseload will routinely involve mediations and litigation (generally in the Technology and Construction Court)and you willgain arbitration and adjudication experience.
Day to day, you will have the opportunity to work closely with a partner and of counsel who are both specialists in this area and supported by other Bristol based Associates. You will also work with other partners and associates in London, and across other offices, as part of a collegiate and supportive international group.
- Applicants should ideally have between 1-4 years' post qualified experience in professional indemnity work in relation to the construction industry.
- We would expect applicants to have worked for a leading law firm for insurance and/or construction work.
- Excellent academics and commercially driven.
- Strong client focus with an ability and willingness to get actively involved in marketing and business development in Bristol and London.
- Able to work effectively as part of a diverse and inclusive team.
- Flexibility and a willingness to work additional hours on occasion as required.
- An enthusiastic and team-oriented approach is essential.