Associate - Corporate Finance/ECMAll
Allen & Overy
Allen & Overy is a leading global law firm operating in over thirty countries all over the world. We’re built on the work of talented and motivated people, in a supportive and collaborative environment, dedicated to delivering an exceptional standard of work for our clients. We operate at the forefront of the legal industry, and our deals and cases often make headline business news. With many of our partners acknowledged as leaders in their field, and with all our people demonstrating the highest levels of professionalism, we have a reputation for delivering excellence in all that we do.
We’re thoughtful and inventive, and we’ve developed a culture of in which difference and openness is positively valued, where people are free to be themselves. We’re one global team, supportive and collaborative but also ambitious and driven. Our capacity to combine these qualities and provide a setting in which our people can thrive is what makes us different.
Our corporate practice advises across the broad spectrum of corporate work including public takeovers, private M&A, ECM, complex joint ventures, disposals and corporate restructurings, as well as general commercial, antitrust and corporate governance issues. We regularly act for the world’s leading corporates, for private equity and similar investment houses and for investment banks. We are often the principal point of contact for the client and coordinate the delivery of advice by the firm’s specialist teams and its global network.
We are a leading adviser having advised on more than 1,380 deals worth over GBP817 billion in the last five years (source: Mergermarket). Our consistently high rankings in the corporate league tables highlight the strength of our practice.
Our London based ECM practice is renowned in the market. We are ranked Tier 1 across all three leading legal directories, Chambers, Legal 500 and IFLR 1000 and recently won “Equity Deal of the Year” at the International Financial Law Review (IFLR) Europe Awards 2021 for the JDE Peet’s IPO.
The ECM team has 4 full time partners (2 English and 2 US law qualified) and an English counsel, all based in London, in addition to a number of other London based partners who undertake ECM and Corporate Finance work. The work is a balance of both issuer and underwriter side roles, acting on deals in the UK and across EMEA, including the Middle East, Africa, Russia and CIS and CEE. The team is part of our broader EMEA and Global ECM practices, with top tier practices in a number of jurisdictions.
Recent highlights of the ECM practice include:
- The IPOs of JDE Peet’s (the first major IPO globally following the Covid-19 pandemic and winner of Equity Deal of the Year at the IFLR Europe Awards 2021), Allegro (the largest IPO in Poland history), Moonpig, and Ninety One as well as various other major European IPOs;
- London-Shanghai stock connect GDR listing of China Yangtze Power (the second company to ever list through the connect);
- The SIG plc PIPE (first PIPE transaction in a London-listed company since 2009);
- Significant rights issues of Rolls Royce, TP ICAP and Tui; and
- The SPAC IPOs of Dutch Star Companies Two, ESG Core Investments, and EFIC1.
Associates coming to this team will join one of the most successful teams in the City, will obtain some of the best experience available in the market, and will have a broad and varied spread of ECM and corporate finance work, including public and private M&A. We are focused on growing our people so that they can fulfill their potential and become the best transactional lawyers.
Roles and responsibilities
- Providing strategic and transactional guidance to clients
- Transaction management, and team coordination / development
- Managing client coordination and project delivery appropriately
- Drafting, reviewing and amending documentation
- Advising on risk management, corporate governance and broader ESG matters
- Business development - development of personal plan, assistance with and implementation of business development campaign
- Qualified lawyer 2-5 PQE
- Strong technical knowledge with regards to ECM and Corporate Finance
- Strong transactional experience
- Intellectual curiosity and versatility
- Strong organisational skills, with the ability to manage multiple deadlines
- Excellent client relationship skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Collaborative team player
- A person of sound judgment, able to establish a high level of credibility
Allen & Overy LLP is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements.
Additional information - External
Allen & Overy is a leading global law firm operating in over thirty countries. Embracing new trends and harnessing decades of experience, we’ve earned our place at the forefront of the legal industry. Our partners are recognised as leaders in their field and our deals and cases often make headline business news. As a result, we’ve developed a reputation for delivering exceptional legal solutions that not only solve our clients’ challenges but exceed their expectations. By embracing new ways of thinking, integrating technology into our everyday work and putting our people first, we’ve become known for leading by example.
Join our team and you’ll be part of a flexible, inclusive culture underpinned by openness and consistent support for one another. Our culture enables people to define their own career path based on their strengths, while our ambitious outlook ensures we continue to provide each person with opportunities to thrive. We’re also committed to supporting a culture that drives diversity and inclusion. Every day, we’re working hard to create an environment where you feel you can bring your authentic self to work. To be comfortable and confident to be who you are in the workplace. To feel like you belong. If you’re ready to play your part in defining the future of law: It’s Time.