HR Systems Specialist (12 month contract)
We currently have an opportunity for an HR Systems Specialist to join our small in-house team responsible for supporting and enhancing the firm's global people systems including PeopleSoft HR (including Global Payroll), IBM Kenexa Recruitment ATS and Cognos Reporting suite. This role is being offered on a 12 month contract.
You will be responsible for; providing general support to users, including answering "how to" type questions, advice on procedures, monitoring data quality, training new users, writing and running ad-hoc reports, generating and circulating global management information and handling ad-hoc requests for HR data and management information. You can expect to become involved in the specification and configuration of new system features subject to work and time commitments.
To be successful the post-holder will require an ability to work with a range of stakeholders across the global firm and to influence discussions on planning and delivery of the HR Systems roadmap. Whilst experience of PeopleSoft and Cognos or similar systems would be an advantage, full training is provided, so attitude and aptitude are key.
Role and responsibilities
- Second line support for PeopleSoft and Cognos users, logging and tracking issues, resolving where possible or escalating as appropriate.
- To engage independently with colleagues across the global HR team to drive forward best practice around systems and reporting.
- Design and delivery of new PeopleSoft functionality and processes.
- Delivery of high-quality, repeatable training for new members of the global HR team.
- Develop relationships within the HR systems team to drive efficiencies and effectiveness across HR systems.
- Use of knowledge gained through user interaction to actively improve the quality of HR systems and processes.
- Provision of general advice on the use of HR and reporting systems and related business processes. Provide 1:1 follow-up support to end users as required.
- Liaise with other departments and owners of downstream systems to proactively resolve data and technical discrepancies.
- Take an administrative role in regular HR processes that require system support.
- Update the configuration of the PeopleSoft HCM 9.2 system to support new functionality or new offices.
- Update user documentation as required.
- Provide support to testing system changes as part of regular business-as-usual release cycle.
- Develop own PeopleSoft/Cognos reporting skills and keep them up to date as required.
- Demonstrable experience of working within HR or IT system support
- A positive and enthusiastic approach to customer service
- Excellent organisation skills and ability to prioritise appropriately
- Highly effective communication skills
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills, and attention to detail
- Good problem-solving skills
- Must be a collaborative team player willing to help others for success of the team
- Must be self-motivated and proactive with an ability to work independently when required
- An appreciation of the importance of our people systems and the need to strive to be better in every aspect of our service delivery
- Understanding of HR and Training business processes, possibly in an international or professional services environment
- PeopleSoft HCM 9.2 experience is an advantage
- Core HR, including absences, international assignments and basic configuration etc
- Interest in, and aptitude for, developing new areas of PeopleSoft functionality
- Technically adept with new technologies
- Cognos 10 reporting experience is beneficial
Allen & Overy LLP is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements.
Additional information - External
Allen & Overy is a leading global law firm operating in over thirty countries. By turning our insight, technology and talent into ground-breaking solutions, we’ve earned a place at the forefront of our industry. Our lawyers are leaders in their field – and the same goes for our support teams. Ambitious, driven and open to fresh perspectives, we find innovative new ways to deliver our services and maintain our reputation for excellence, in all that we do.
The nature of law is changing and with that change brings unique opportunities. With our collaborative working culture, flexibility, and a commitment to your progress, we build rewarding careers. By joining our global team, you are supported by colleagues from around the world. If you’re ready for a new challenge, it’s time to seize the opportunity.