Associate - Corporate - M&A - C4
A&O advise across the broad spectrum of corporate work including public takeovers, private M&A, Private Equity, ECM, complex joint ventures, disposals and corporate restructurings, as well as general commercial, antitrust and corporate governance issues. We are a truly global adviser with an enviable geographic footprint. Our corporate team spans all of our offices and works seamlessly with a global community of relationship law firms. This platform provides our clients with the confidence that they will receive the highest quality advice in both their domestic markets and as they expand into new territories.
We are a leading adviser on strategic M&A transactions having advised on more than 1,380 deals worth over GBP817 billion in the last five years (source: Mergermarket). Our consistently high rankings in the corporate league tables highlight the strength of our practice. Cross-border work is where we excel and the majority of our transactions have a multi-jurisdictional focus. Strong teamwork and efficient working practices and uniform approaches enable us to manage cross-border deals effectively and seamlessly.
Associates coming to this team will join one of the most successful departments in the City and will obtain some of the best experience available in the market. We are focussed on growing our people so that they can fulfil their potential and become the best transactional lawyers.
- Corporate Partners, Associates and the wider team
- Business Development Manager
- Wider A&O community
Role and Responsibilities
- Drafting, reviewing and amending documentation
- Providing strategic guidance to clients
- Managing client expectations and project delivery appropriately
- Business development - development of personal plan, assistance with and implementation of business development campaign
- Legal research
- Qualified lawyer 2-4 PQE
- Strong technical knowledge with regards to corporate M&A
- Strong transactional experience
- Outstanding academic credentials
- Intellectual curiosity and versatility
- Self-starter with the desire and ability to continuously acquire, build upon and share knowledge
- Detail-focused and self-motivated approach
- Strong organisational skills, with the ability to manage multiple deadlines
- Excellent client relationship skills
- Ability to operate at associate level within a complex international organisation
- Strong commercial/business acumen with the ability to deliver creative and pragmatic solutions and advice
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to interface at all levels and particularly to win the respect of the partner and fee-earner community, building strong relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- Collaborative team player with the ability to develop and work in a fast paced, intellectually rigorous environment
- A person of sound judgment, able to establish a high level of credibility
Who We Are Looking For:
We are ideally looking for a highly motivated lawyer who combines good academic credentials with sound practical experience, good business judgement and strong interpersonal skills. Candidates should be articulate, show a genuine interest in the subject and be committed to their continuing development as a lawyer. We are looking for a lawyer with the potential and ambition to be a leader in their field and who takes responsibility for, and pride in, the team's work product.
Allen & Overy LLP is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements.
Additional information - External
Allen & Overy is a leading global law firm operating in over thirty countries. Embracing new trends and harnessing decades of experience, we’ve earned our place at the forefront of the legal industry. Our partners are recognised as leaders in their field and our deals and cases often make headline business news. As a result, we’ve developed a reputation for delivering excellence, in all that we do. Today, we’re continuing to break new ground. By embracing new ways of thinking and integrating technology into our everyday work, we’ve been named as the Most Innovative Law Firm in Europe by the Financial Times five times.
Join our team and you’ll be part of a flexible, inclusive culture underpinned by openness and acceptance. We’re driven by the belief that, to perform, people need support and space to collaborate. By combining those values with an ambitious outlook, we can give you the opportunity to thrive.