Our success, your opportunity.
DLA Piper, an international law firm where innovation and challenging the status quo are the vital spark to how we think and what we do.
We’ve created a culture that encourages and values individual choice and opportunity, combined with inclusion and teamwork. Bring your ambition, initiative and entrepreneurial mindset to a global business that’s redefining the expectations of a law firm.
Our Risk Management & Compliance Group is looking for its next Risk Manager, who will join the team and support the further development and delivery of the firm’s Risk & Compliance strategy. The role is an excellent opportunity for a professional, who is passionate about enterprise risk management on an international level, has a consultative and collaborative manner and enjoys a changing environment. The role will support and deliver to senior stakeholders.
This is a permanent opportunity located ideally in London.
We are looking forward to your application.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and maintain the enterprise risk management framework to ensure consistent adherence and application across DLA Piper International
- Engage with all business and operational areas across the International Firm to identify and assess their individual risks and controls
- Manage and develop a centralised risk register system to capture and report all identified risks and controls
- Define and report business-relevant Key Risk Indicators and metrics to quantify and monitor the level of risk exposure over time
- Develop dedicated risk reporting MI for the senior governance forums of DLA Piper including the Executive, Board and Risk Committee
- Develop and assess the risk appetite and tolerance of DLA Piper in line with the Executive and Board
- Establish the internal processes, templates and artefacts of the new Risk Management team for DLA Piper
- Work in a collaborative manner with both the Risk & Internal Audit and Information Security & Resilience teams to ensure a consistent approach to risk management, internal controls and assurance is maintained throughout DLA Piper
- A risk management professional with direct advisory or audit experience from either a Big 4 Accounting Firm or Management Consultancy; minimum 5 years experience
- Experience in the development and implementation of enterprise risk management frameworks
- Practical knowledge and experience of enterprise risk management methodologies, including risk identification, analysis, mitigation, monitoring and reporting
- Experience in the application and continuous development of risk management systems and registers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, skilled at compiling risk reports and presentations
- Experience of working effectively with cross-functional areas within a matrix structure
- Be a self-starter who is able to work on their own initiative as well as being part of a team
- A relationship builder able to influence a diverse stakeholder group across international locations
- Possesses a high level of commercial acumen and analytical skills
- Comfortable operating in ambiguous situations, demonstrating a flexible and collaborative working style
- High level of professionalism and personal accountability
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world. We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
In everything we do connected with our People, our Clients and our Communities, we live by these values:
- Be Supportive - we care about others, value diversity and act thoughtfully
- Be Collaborative - we give, we share and we join in
- Be Bold - we stand tall and challenge ourselves to think big
- Be Exceptional - we exceed standards and expectations
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
At DLA Piper, diversity and inclusion underpins how we live our values and everything we do. We believe that everyone has a voice, and that everyone’s voice counts. We know that the rich diversity across our firm makes us stronger, more innovative and creative, which helps us to better serve our clients and communities. We are committed to providing an inclusive working environment and culture across our global firm, where everyone can bring their authentic self to work.
Diversity of perspective, thought, background and culture combine to make us the leading global law firm; that’s why we actively seek to build balanced teams. We welcome the unique contribution that you will bring to our firm and actively encourage applications from all talented people – however your talent is packaged, whatever your background or circumstance and regardless of how you identify.
We support anyone with a disability or long term health condition to ensure they have the opportunity to perform at their best. If you have not done so already, please let us know if you require any support so we can make the right adjustments and considerations should they be required.
We know that people have responsibilities and interests outside of their career and that as a business, we all benefit from working flexibly. That's why we are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support requests for agile working arrangements.
In the event that we make an offer to you, and where local legislation permits, we will conduct pre-engagement screening checks that may include but are not limited to your professional and academic qualifications, your eligibility to work in the relevant jurisdiction, any criminal records, your financial stability and references from previous employers.