Manager, Financial Crime & Risk
Ashurst is a leading global law firm with a history spanning almost 200 years, and clear strategy for our future growth. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing exceptional standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law. To find out more please visit here
In order to comply with regulatory and client requirements, Ashurst will undertake appropriate vetting of staff. When applicants accept a job offer, Ashurst, alongside a specialist provider, will undertake professional verification and background checks. These checks are only undertaken with consent, and in accordance with our legal and regulatory obligations
Business Area: Financial Crime & Risk
Role: Manager, Financial Crime & Risk
Location: London, with travel to other offices as required.
Reporting to: Head of Financial Crime & Risk
Hours of work:
Core business hours are Monday to Friday, 9.30am - 5.30pm, flexible working can be considered. You will be required to work such hours as are necessary to carry out your duties and to meet specific deadlines and/or facilitate project implementations
You will be part of the Financial Crime and Risk Team, based in London, Glasgow and Brisbane, which is responsible for ensuring the firm has effective policies and procedures to comply with relevant worldwide statutory and regulatory obligations, while providing specialist risk assessment advice on a range of financial crime and business risk areas, including but not limited to anti-money laundering, international sanctions, bribery, whistleblowing, tax transparency and supply chain risks.
Your role will include line management responsibility for a number of team members, oversight of the day to day financial crime related escalations, supporting the relationship with our MLROs and Risk Partner network and oversight of the financial crime audit and annual return programme.
Business as Usual
- Provide first tier escalation support to the Financial Crime and Risk Team and the Partnership on complex queries, sanctions and proceeds of crime escalations, in line with applicable legal/regulatory requirements and Ashurst policy.
- Support the team on liaison in particularly complex matters with other teams, including Finance, on payment routes, use of our client account and other practical steps to implement the risk mitigation strategies identified as appropriate for a given client or mandate.
- Escalate complex queries as appropriate through the risk management chain and support the MLRO network on the submission of external SARs.
- Assist in handling ad hoc queries from across the firm.
- Monitor BAU trends, to ensure appropriate frameworks are in place to enable delegation to an appropriate and efficient level, and to coordinate approaches to managing emerging risks.
- Proactively develop your specialist knowledge across the Financial Crime and Risk portfolio.
- Horizon scan for legal, regulatory and risk developments across the Financial Crime and Risk portfolio, in light of the firm's strategy, work and industries - supporting coordination of the approach of the team to strategically respond to these developments.
- Engage with the Partnership and Ashurst Advance to support innovation in the client offering across the Financial Crime and Risk portfolio, project managing opportunities so that the team can contribute to the development and delivery of briefings, products and advice in a legally compliant, efficient and sustainable way.
- Contribute to the development of a programme of compliance projects and lead various projects to ensure Ashurst's policies, procedures, systems and controls are up to date and appropriately aligned with relevant legislation and regulatory requirements across the jurisdictions in which we operate and across the Financial Crime and Risk portfolio.
- Provide oversight to other team members, on the delivery of a range of first line assurance projects, including external and regulatory audit/information returns and our internal file review process.
- Lead on our response to new sanctions regimes.
- Support the development of the MLRO / Risk Partner Network, and as required provide updates to the Risk Committee, Executive Team and Board on work being undertaken across the Financial Crime and Risk Portfolio.
- Proactively participate in leadership meetings, communicating and advising management on business homogenisation.
- As directed by your line manager, work collaboratively across legal and business service teams to improve service, commercial impact and efficiency of the team, championing change management and buy-in of global policies and processes.
Training and Awareness Raising
- Contribute to the development of and delivery of training and awareness raising activity in relation to the wider Risk and Compliance Function and specialist areas within the Financial Crime and Risk portfolio across the firm.
- Contribute to team identification of new opportunities for training and awareness raising on topics across the Financial Crime and Risk portfolio.
- Participate in client facing events, raising the profile of the firm and the Risk and Compliance Function.
- As directed by your line manager, attend external professional or industry events, representing the Risk and Compliance Function.
- This may involve some travel to other offices as directed by your line manager.
- Contribute to discussions on appropriate use of team resources to ensure successful delivery of team objectives.
- Provide excellent line management, developing reports to their full potential.
Risk and Control: Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with our regulatory requirements and internal policies.
Essential skills and experience:
- Strong relevant experience in dealing with Compliance and Risk Management, especially in respect of sanctions and proceeds of crime escalations at a law firm.
- Expertise of counter- financial crime obligations and regulatory frameworks for law firms in EMEA and APAC.
- Management experience.
- A sound understanding of the nature of the work in a multinational corporate law firm, demonstrating an in-depth knowledge of how a top City law firm works, its client base and the markets in which it operates, and a familiarity with the structure of matters it takes on.
- Strong English communication skills.
- Working knowledge and ability to use Compliance systems (eg Intapp, HighQ, SDplus, 3E or similar).
Desired skills and experience
- UK/overseas legal qualification (or degree).
- Proficiency in any foreign languages of jurisdictions in which Ashurst has offices would be helpful.