Client Relationship Manager, Banks
Ashurst is a leading global law firm with a history spanning almost 200 years, and clear strategy for our future growth. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing exceptional standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law. To find out more please visit here
In order to comply with regulatory and client requirements, Ashurst will undertake appropriate vetting of staff. When applicants accept a job offer, Ashurst, alongside a specialist provider, will undertake professional verification and background checks. These checks are only undertaken with consent, and in accordance with our legal and regulatory obligations
Business Area - Business Development
Role: Client Relationship Manager, Banks
Hours of work -
Monday to Friday, 09.30 to 17.30. You will be required to work such hours as are necessary to carry out your duties.
We have an opportunity for an enthusiastic, capable and experienced Client Relationship Manager to join our Business Development team. The role will support the further growth and development of Ashurst's bank relationships along with the firm's wider initiatives to enhance its profile in the banking industry.
Within their portfolio, the Client Relationship Manager will:
- Support client teams in growing the firm's relationship with nominated key banks
- Promote client relationship management best practice and ensure that activity is strategic, proactive and targeted
- Focus on client priorities, ensuring we are responsive to client needs and bring insight into our client's most pressing issues and opportunities
- Capture client feedback and liaise directly with client contacts on non-legal aspects of relationships
- Leverage the firm's key initiatives and cross-practice service offerings.
- Work with the Client Relationship Partners and other key members to develop and execute client account strategies for key nominated clients to help deepen relationships and drive profitable growth across the Ashurst network
- Coordinate and manage pipeline development with the Client Relationship Partners within the designated client accounts
- Develop and maintain relationships with key decision makers of nominated clients to help deepen relationships.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the nominated clients and their businesses, and assist with the sharing of that information within Ashurst to help identify and drive opportunities.
- Facilitate the penetration of client relationships across practice groups and the network.
- Chair or co-chair regular meetings with the client teams to ensure account plans are being appropriately executed.
- Proactively manage strategically important pursuits within the designated bank clients providing bespoke insight and support, working closely and collaboratively with the Global Bids team and internal teams to ensure pitches are delivered on time and to the highest standards.
- Provide client related input, as required, on transactional or project pitches across the Ashurst network.
- Engage with the Client Listening programme by conducting and capturing client feedback through client listening, matter and pitch debriefs and driving arising actions.
- Work with the CRPs and, where appropriate, relevant Expertise Lawyers to develop and execute a thought leadership and expertise strategy designed to reinforce our drive towards market leadership.
- Work with the CRPs on revenue targets and monitor progress against the firm's profitability and other financial metrics.
- Continually undertake competitor SWOT analysis to ascertain wallet share position and gaps where Ashurst may be able to differentiate.
- Oversee the preparation of regular financial and non-financial reports for clients and internal stakeholders, and interpret data.
- Support the delivery of Relationship Agreement commitments including coordination of secondments and other value add services. Ensure that panel and pricing agreements are communicated and adhered to internally
- Engage with CRMs of other priority clients to improve knowledge of the sector and product offerings
- Coordinate and liaise with other CRMs to ensure consistency and sharing of strategic information across clients and industries
- Provide support to other bank sector clients as required.
- Support the bank industry leads, chair and board in the development and implementation of the BD strategy to maximise opportunities to grow revenue in line with the firm's 2023 strategic plan
- Develop and support strategic initiatives to meet the business plan goals, evaluating progress on implementation
- In conjunction with Brand, Communications & Marketing, develop, support and/or implement marketing and profile raising initiatives including a content strategy and thought leadership
- Facilitate connectivity, collaboration and involvement of the practice groups in the industry
- Maintain knowledge of key and emerging issues impacting the industry
- Share knowledge across the wider BD team and contribute to functional and firm-wide training programmes
Contribute to wider BD team projects, including supporting new systems and processes, as required
Risk and Control: Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with our regulatory requirements and internal policies.
Essential skills and experience:
- Previous CRM experience in a professional services BD environment
- Bank industry experience highly desirable.
- Previous experience in a client facing capacity. Client listening experience highly desirable.
- Demonstrated leadership experience for both coaching teams and managing major projects and/or initiatives
- Commercial awareness and an innovative mind-set for developing and evolving ways of working
- Enthusiastic and proactive, with the ability to work to tight deadlines and manage multiple projects and activities
- Excellent verbal and written communication with the ability to effectively interact with peers and influence internal clients including senior stakeholders
- Strategic thinker with strong focus on execution
- Ability to build positive and collaborative working relationships with the BD, legal teams and other functions