IT Service Desk Team Leader
Ashurst is a leading global law firm with a history spanning almost 200 years, and clear strategy for our future growth. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing exceptional standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law. To find out more please visit here
In order to comply with regulatory and client requirements, Ashurst will undertake appropriate vetting of staff. When applicants accept a job offer, Ashurst, alongside a specialist provider, will undertake professional verification and background checks. These checks are only undertaken with consent, and in accordance with our legal and regulatory obligations
Business Area - Information Technology
Role: IT Service Desk Team Leader
Location: Based in the Ashurst Glasgow Office, however trips to the Ashurst London office may be required.
Reporting to: Global IT Service Desk Manager
Hours of work -
Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours per week, 7.5 hours a day (including an hour for lunch) The shift will be from 08.00 - 16.30. However you will be required to work such additional hours as are necessary to carry out your duties
Department/ Role Overview:
Our IT team is looking for an experienced Service Desk Team Leader to join our Global team.
This role will guide and advise staff on all aspects of the firm's IT services. You will provide day to day management of the Global IT Service Desk to ensure the Team provides an effective, efficient and client-focused support service to the firm and exceeds expectations when considering Client and Fee earning matters.
You will also be responsible for end to end ownership and resolution of all IT support issues, continual improvement of processes within your scope, management, support and maintenance of the firms desktop environment.
- Day to day management and development of the Global IT Service Desk team, dealing with any operational and staff issues, shift rotas, holidays and planning, liaison with other IT staff and escalation to Service Delivery Manager(s) as necessary.
- Continually look for ways to improve the overall support services to the firm through knowledge and process management.
- To ensure the resolution of all IT incidents and service requests within agreed Service Level Agreement (SLA).
- Regular analysis and reporting on team performance using the phone system (Automatic Call Distribution) and IT Service Management platform.
- Ensure end to end ownership, communication and accurate ticket logging of all incidents and service requests.
- Support the team to ensure continual service improvements, whilst encouraging all SME additional duties.
- Understand the IT requirements of the business and act accordingly to ensure these requirements are met in a timely and structured way, following escalation processes to ensure a consistent, professional and client-focused service
- Contribute to the effective operation and management of the Service Desk to ensure it provides quality, correct and timely information and services to its clients
- Management of difficult situations with the business in a timely fashion, communicating in a clear and effective manner.
- Development of team members, including both technical and soft skills through 1 to 1 mentoring and training.
- Successfully follow the agreed ITIL based processes and procedures, whilst continually reviewing to find improvements to the current incident and service request processes.
- Help to provide support for all remote working services.
- Assist with the support of the firm's core applications/services.
- Support and maintain all desktop/laptop systems and printers. This may include liaising with maintenance companies and vendors.
- Monitor the capacity plan for all applications and systems to ensure consistent operation and room for improvement.
- Assist with the management and communication of planned or unexpected downtime.
- Work closely with business services to ensure all joint service request are fulfilled within SLA.
- Responsible for IT knowledge management to ensure the necessary information up to date and is available to the right people at the right time.
- Provide project resources for all key IT projects from inception through to "business as usual
Risk and Control: Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with our regulatory requirements and internal policies.
Essential skills and experience:
- Strong leadership skills
- Previous Team Leader experience
- Excellent Customer Service skills
- Highly motivated; willing to continually update knowledge and skill sets
- Analysis and troubleshooting skills of all IT incidents
- Flexibility: may occasionally be required to work evenings and weekends
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to liaise, communicate and build good working relationships with all levels of staff within IT and across the business globally
- Consistently working to provide a responsive, effective and personable IT support service to exceed our customer expectations.
- Ability to identify business impacting incidents and escalate according to the escalation process
- Ability to work effectively alone and within your team/group or project, under the appropriate supervision
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills
- Ability to mentor and coach staff to fulfil their potential
- Work according to ITIL processes and procedures
- Uses initiative with a positive and can do attitude
- Ability to concentrate on several areas of work at one time, prioritising work load, delivering consistently to deadlines and reacting positively to changes and conflicting priorities
- Professional appearance at all times
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Windows 10
- Cherwell Service Management
- Microsoft Active Directory administration.
- Knowledge of ADSL and WiFi technologies.
- Knowledge of RIM Blackberry devices.
- Production of support documentation.
- Knowledge of networking concepts.
- Knowledge of all core applications.
- WorkSite/FileSite or similar content management application.
- Interaction or similar client relationship management (CRM) application.
- Bighand 3 or similar digital dictation software.
- K Vault Email archiving (KVS) or similar email archiving solutions.
- Installation/moves of hardware such as printers, digital senders, MFD's (multi-function devices), PC's and all peripheral items.
- Knowledge of remote working solutions such as ADSL, Broadband, 4G and VPN's (virtual private network).
- Knowledge of building PC's and troubleshooting support issues.
- Knowledge of audio visual equipment and solutions
Desired skills and experience
- Previous experience in legal or professional services
- Italian, French, German or Spanish language skills would be desirable but are not essential
- Background in statistical analysis or business writing
- Previous experience within Microsoft Office
- Previous experience in managing audio visual equipment
- Knowledge of intranets/extranets
- Health and safety awareness in the workplace
- Microsoft Exchange 2010
- Mitel Telephony
- End-to-end ownership of all incidents and service requests
- Feedback to and from other team members
- Positive feedback from the business
- Ensure the successful resolution and end to end ownership of all incidents and service requests by:
- Achieving >90% First Time Fix (FTF).
- All calls answered in 3 rings.
- <5% Call abandonment.
- <5% Calls re-queued.