Client Terms Coordinator
We are seeking a Client Terms Co-ordinator to join a recently restructured Risk and Compliance team.
CMS is a Future Facing firm. With 75 offices in 43 countries and 4,800+ lawyers worldwide, we combine deep sector understanding with a global overview, giving us the ability not only to see what's coming, but to shape it.
CMS is well equipped to help our clients face the future with confidence. We are driven by technology and readily embrace the possibilities it opens up for developing new and better ways of delivering legal services. Our bold approach to a changing future ensures that we nurture our employees and recruit top talent.
About the Role
Clients may ask the firm to engage with them under their terms of business rather than the firm's standard terms of business. This role will provide dedicated support to the business in managing the client terms process, including but not limited to, reviewing and recording them in our new system.
The firm are currently in the process of deploying a new "client term's platform" and the Client Terms Co-Ordinator will play a key role in assisting the Risk Contracts Lawyer with its implementation.
* Assist in the launch of new client term's platform, working with a range of business service departments and fee earners to ensure it delivers on specified requirements
* Obtaining all relevant documentation concerning client terms, both pre-existing and for new client relationships
* Conduct initial overview checks of client terms, extracting key data and utilising AI software and precedents
* Working closely with the Risk Contracts Lawyer to produce a comprehensive review of departmental comments
* Ensure client terms are accurately recorded and maintained in the system
* Consolidating sources of client terms and purging data
* Liaise with the relevant internal departments to produce a comprehensive review of client terms
* Provide guidance to Partners who corresponding with the client, in relation to client terms
* Maintain regular contact with the various business service departments in connection with client terms
* Building on and creating new precedents for client terms
* Producing reports for management on client terms data
* Deliver training to the firm on the client term's platform and process, when required
* Acting as a technical expert on the client term's platform
* Building the profile of this new position and raising awareness of the client term's platform
Experience and Skills:
* Experience of working in an international commercial law environment
* Familiar with typical client term clauses
* Discrete and professional as the information will be confidential and sensitive
* Flexible and able to adapt to new situations, processes and technology.
* Sound judgement and analytical skills
* Clear and efficient communication skills
* Strong organisation skills
Desirable Experience and Skills:
* Experience of deploying new technology into current processes
At CMS, a next-generation mindset is woven into all we do. We're diverse, supportive and inclusive, embracing our corporate social responsibility and creating a culture of sustainability in which every one of our people, whatever their background, can maximise their potential and thrive.
For further information about CMS' diversity initiatives and programmes, please click here to view the diversity pages on our website.
Please apply online or contact a member of the Talent Acquisition team if you have any questions. For information regarding our competitive range of benefits please visit our Rewards & Benefits page on our website.
Please note that CMS have a preferred agency panel in place. Only applications submitted via the portal at the point of instruction will be accepted.