PA – Employment
We have a great opportunity for an experienced PA to support 6 of our Fee earners in our Employment team. This is a full-time position, usually based out of our Bristol office, although we are happy to consider some home working for this position too, but at present due to the UK Government guidelines, this position will be working remotely.
Osborne Clarke is an international legal practice with over 270 Partners and more than 900 talented lawyers in 26 locations*. Our sector-based approach enables us to help our clients tackle the issues they are facing today, and prepare for the ones that they will face tomorrow. Advising them both comprehensively and commercially. We love working closely with our clients on new deals, products and solutions which will transform their businesses, markets and even sectors. And our unique approachable culture is not an added extra, it's fundamental to our success.
What you'll do
The main purpose of the role is to provide a highly professional, effective and proactive PA support to a busy team of lawyers of varying levels. This is a very busy and demanding role which requires a very organised and proactive individual. More specifically you will:
- Monitor and assist with management of mailboxes
- Take ownership and management of relevant email distribution lists
- Play an active role in managing the billing process working closely with our accounts team
- Proactively take responsibility for travel arrangements, conference bookings and meeting room bookings in advance
- Anticipate and avoid potential diary clashes, provide conference dial in or VC details for all organised meetings in advance
- Deal with enquiries from clients, colleagues and third parties and provide effective transfer of information
- Develop and maintain positive internal and external client and PA relationships
- Attend client meetings and take minutes
- Collation and processing of expenses including proactive management
- Proactively identify opportunities, actively contribute and be involved with ad-hoc projects as given by the team (and across OC)
- Work closely across teams to ensure work is completed by the appropriate persons
- Work with the Senior PA to continuously develop effective ways of working within the team
- Provide ad hoc support for the PA team (covering for other PA absences)
- Assist with ad hoc IT queries and liaising with IT team to resolve particularly for new joiners
We are looking for an experienced PA, who is able to use their own initiative, can demonstrate first class organisational skills and be an integral team player.
- Essential to have excellent organisational skills and be able to prioritise work
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Flexible and proactive approach
- Essential to have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Capable of taking initiative and developing solutions
- Essential to work with confidentiality, discretion and diplomacy
- Ability to pay close attention to detail
- Good IT skills (Microsoft word, Excel, Outlook)
Salary and benefits
We offer competitive salaries and generous benefits.
For more information or to apply
At Osborne Clarke we welcome direct applications - if you would like any further information about the role, or the firm, we would be delighted to hear from you. Please contact, in complete confidence, Chloe Tidcombe in the recruitment team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0117 917 4162.
No agencies please
*Services in India are provided by a relationship firm
Please note that although we include closing dates for our roles as a guide, we review and progress applications on a rolling basis.
At Osborne Clarke we value difference and encourage applicants from all social backgrounds, ethnicities, disabilities, gender identities, and sexual or romantic orientations. We want everyone to feel that OC is a place where you can be yourself and where you belong, and our range of interest groups and diversity networks - not to mention our great teams - are a part of making that a reality.
We support working families via a range of family and caring friendly policies and will accommodate flexible working where we can. We value the health and wellbeing of our people: for example, we're signatories to the Mindful Business Charter, have an active network of mental health champions and offer free initiatives and flexible benefits to all our people.
Being an inclusive employer is important to us. We have made a number of external commitments such as the Race Fairness Commitment and Women in Law Pledge, and are working with organisations like Stonewall to become a more inclusive employer.
Osborne Clarke is a Living Wage Employer, so we're committed to paying everybody in our business enough to live on and to enable them to save for the future.
We want you to be able to show us your best during the recruitment process. If you require any adjustments to be made during the application, interview process or when working with us, please let us know.