Team Assistant - 6 Month FTC
Trowers & Hamlins is a City-led, international and national law firm with over 130 partners and 830 staff. With offices across the UK, Middle East and Far East, we provide a full-service integrated offering.
Our clients operate in diverse industry sectors such as construction, transport and infrastructure, banking and financial services, distribution and logistics, education and health, hotels and leisure, defence, engineering and surveying, charities, retail and energy and natural resources. We also act for many high net worth individuals.
We are different and we believe it is our people that make us unique. We expect and respect that you and your talents are too. The truth is we don't prescribe who you are or how you ought to be. It's what you can do that interests us most.
While the work on offer is rewarding and often complex, the qualities we look for are simple. The ability to get on with people from all walks of life, for example. To talk and to listen. To develop the sorts of relationships that mean you win the friendship and loyalty of clients and colleagues alike. In short, to connect. These are the characteristics our people all have in common. They are vital, as is the drive and imagination to use your unique talents to the full. We will help you in this. In fact, we will support you in every way we can.
This role involves the provision of full administrative support to the Partners, fee earners and PAs in all departments. This role offers a diverse range of tasks that provide a breadth of experience in developing a wide range of skills within a professional City firm.
We would be looking for someone to join an office working bubble on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday and working Wednesday and Friday at home.
- Working as an integral part of the fee earner support team
- Exceptional client service skills
- Filing and file management, including file opening and closing
- Undertaking money laundering checks, including data input and schedule for future checks
- Assisting at internal and external seminars
- Assisting with the billing process and billing drive
- Producing and engrossing documents
- Scheduling and compiling bibles of documents
- Obtaining official copy documents from various local authorities and other third party search providers
- Using Land Registry Portal and TM Group (online searches services)
- Administering NHBC applications
- Filing of deeds, documents, correspondence and other documentation
- Maintaining filing and document management systems
- Assisting with the administration of file archiving and retrieval service
- Scanning, photocopying, printing and filing
- Ad hoc administrative duties where required
- Provide support and cover for administrative staff and assist other departments as required
- Assisting with incoming/outgoing post duties
- Covering reception when required (Birmingham, Exeter and Manchester offices only)
- Enthusiastic and flexible
- A positive and proactive attitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively handle and prioritise competing demands and work within deadlines
- Strong attention to detail with a methodical and logical approach
- An effective and committed team player
- Ability to use initiative and apply common sense
- An ability to operate autonomously with minimum supervision – a self-starter
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information
- The flexibility to work outside normal hours may be required from time to time
Experience and qualifications:
- A thorough understanding in Microsoft Office
- Previous experience in an administrative role (desirable)
As part of our firm recruitment policy our candidates are subject to employment screening background checks. These checks include personal details, education and employment history, professional qualifications and credit and criminal checks as appropriate.
Trowers & Hamlins is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity and inclusion. All applications will be considered on merit and the applicant's suitability to meet the requirements of the role and will be treated equally irrespective of Ethnicity, Gender (including Trans and non-binary) Race, Disability, Religion and sexual orientation.