Business Analysis Manager
Ashurst is a leading global law firm with a history spanning almost 200 years, and clear strategy for our future growth. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing exceptional standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law. To find out more please visit here
In order to comply with regulatory and client requirements, Ashurst will undertake appropriate vetting of staff. When applicants accept a job offer, Ashurst, alongside a specialist provider, will undertake professional verification and background checks. These checks are only undertaken with consent, and in accordance with our legal and regulatory obligations.
Business Area: Change & Business Improvement (CBI)
Role: Business Analysis Manager
Location: Based at Ashurst's London office. Some international travel may be required from time to time. We also operate a hybrid working policy giving flexibility of work location between home and office.
Reporting to: Head of Business Change
Hours of work:
Monday to Friday, 09:30 - 17:30. You may be required to work additional hours to facilitate project implementations around the firm's global offices.
Manage a global team of BAs working across the firm's strategic programmes and projects.
Provide direction, governance, oversee the BA team working practices and share best practice.
Help improve the methodology or develop additional models where required.
- Provide leadership to a team of Business Analysts working in a variety of locations and on different strategic programmes and projects.
- Resource BA team in line with programmes pipeline, both in terms of size, location and skills.
- Create and maintain a strong sense of team and motivate team members.
- Review and where necessary refresh current BA methodology and ways of working.
- Oversee the development of the BA team's toolkit, ensuring all business analysts provide a consistent, broad and proactive service to project teams, stakeholders and end users.
- Working with the Lead BA provide assurance and measurement of the quality of business analysis.
- Ensure the BA operating rhythm is in sync with the end to end project methodology and in particular the Change Management methodology.
- Create a learning and coaching culture with the senior BA's to develop more junior BA's.
- Where and when appropriate be prepared to roll sleeves up and help out.
Risk and Control: Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with our regulatory requirements and internal policies.
Essential skills and experience:
- Previous experience of managing and leading teams of business analysts.
- A formal qualification in Business Analysis.
- Management experience.
- Demonstrable experience of working on complex, large-scale business transformation.
- Background in global organisations and projects with multi-country implementation.
- Organised and able to prioritise diverse workload and meet deadlines.
- Works within a structured project framework reporting to project managers on delivery.
- Able to manage and work collaboratively and effectively with teams remotely in a global context.
- Good attention to detail whilst being a logical thinker, clear communicator and possess strong interpersonal skills.
- Very proficient in use of MS Office tools (especially Visio, Excel, Word & PowerPoint).
- Able to liaise at a senior level within the firm.
- Able to challenge and motivate others.
- Tactful and diplomatic when in pressured situations.
- Uses initiative - 'can do' approach.
- Client focused.
Desired skills and experience
- Managing BA's that have worked alongside Change Managers.
- Experience of working within a Professional Services / Legal environment.