About the role and team
The purpose of this role is to provide legal assistance and personal support to a Solicitor who has a visual impairment.
The key duties of the role include:
- To assist with any personal support the Solicitor may need during the working day
- Assist with legal research
- Assist with reading track changes documents
- Reading aloud from a variety of sources, including letters, books, contracts, legislation
- Proof reading documents and emails and ensuring good quality output from a visual point of view
- Assisting with use of internal and external electronic resources. For example, intranet sites, Practical Law (PLC) and the Information Commissioner’s Office website
- Taking notes on calls and in meetings with internal staff and clients
- Assist with any ad hoc administrative tasks
About the candidate
We are looking for a candidate who is able to build a strong relationship with the Solicitor they will be supporting and is professional in their approach.
The competencies below are also key:
- Excellent grammar, spelling and attention to detail
- Good IT skills in Microsoft Office applications and be eager and willing to develop skills in other IT systems such as presentation packages as necessary
- Positive attitude, showing initiative to get involved
- Commitment to keeping all matters confidential
- Good motivation and flexibility to meet deadlines, including the possibility of working early, late or through the lunchtime period on an ad-hoc basis
- Understand the importance of, and demonstrate, good financial hygiene
- Be proactive in suggesting solutions and improvements
This role would be suitable for a Law graduate looking for their first role within a law firm. However, this is not a requirement for the role and we encourage all applications.
About the firm
Anthony Collins Solicitors is a specialist law firm with a clear purpose – to “improve lives, communities and society". For over 40 years we’ve been successfully combining market-leading legal expertise with a commitment to excellence and long-term relationships underpinned by a strong set of values.
What makes Anthony Collins Solicitors distinctive, beyond simply being a sector-specialist law firm, is our people and the values we share. We’re extremely proud of the calibre of people that we attract; people who are inspired by our values, motivated by our vision and work with our clients to positively influence the society and communities we are building together.
Anthony Collins Solicitors is a committed Equal Opportunities employer promoting equality of opportunity. This means that everyone who either applies to or works for the firm is treated equally, whatever their gender, age, ethnic origin, nationality, marital status, disability, sexual orientation or religious beliefs.