About the role and team
Providing a great service to our clients is of prime importance to us. As part of our offering, we are looking to appoint a Medico-Legal Advisor as the main point of contact for clients who may have a Personal Injury or Clinical Negligence claim to bring.
With previous nursing or medical practice experience, you will be responsible for speaking with new callers and clients and analysing the initial merits of a Personal Injury or Clinical Negligence claim. This includes undertaking detailed analysis of documents and medical records, organising and collating records, medical research and making approaches to medical experts for initial observations and opinions. Working closely with the fee earner running the case, you will also be responsible for some administrative duties for the file and routine correspondence and telephone contact. You may also be involved in the production of newsletters, articles, marketing materials and other documents.
About the candidate
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Previous nursing or medical practice experience
- Excellent grammar, spelling and attention to detail
- Excellent communication / listening skills in particular being able to handle a client with difficult emotional situations
- Good IT skills in Microsoft Office applications and be eager and willing to develop skills in other IT systems such as presentation packages as necessary
- Positive attitude, showing initiative to get involved
- Commitment to keeping all matters confidential
- Good motivation and flexibility to meet deadlines, including the possibility of working early, late or through the lunchtime period
- Understand the importance of, and demonstrate, good financial hygiene
- Be proactive in suggesting solutions and improvements
This is a varied and rewarding role that will suit someone with good communication and inter-personal skills and a desire to provide a high level of client care. No prior legal experience or qualification is required.
About the firm
Anthony Collins Solicitors is a specialist law firm with a clear purpose – to “improve lives, communities and society". For over 40 years we’ve been successfully combining market-leading legal expertise with a commitment to excellence and long-term relationships underpinned by a strong set of values.
What makes Anthony Collins Solicitors distinctive, beyond simply being a sector-specialist law firm, is our people and the values we share. We’re extremely proud of the calibre of people that we attract; people who are inspired by our values, motivated by our vision and work with our clients to positively influence the society and communities we are building together.
Anthony Collins Solicitors is a committed Equal Opportunities employer promoting equality of opportunity. This means that everyone who either applies to or works for the firm is treated equally, whatever their gender, age, ethnic origin, nationality, marital status, disability, sexual orientation or religious beliefs.