FI Sector Lead
12 month fixed term contract (maternity cover)
Simmons & Simmons are recruiting for Financial Institutions (FI) Sector Lead to join our Marketing & Business Development team in LOndon.
Working alongside the FI sector leader (partner) the FI Sector Lead will have primary responsibility for the growth of revenue and reputation of the firm across the FI sector.
Utilising deep industry expertise and a strong understanding of sector client needs the FI Sector Lead will work alongside the FI Sector leader to identify ways in which we can differentiate ourselves in the FI sector through the development of a small number of integrated reputation building, relationship deepening and revenue generating programmes.
The FI Sector Lead will develop, implement and execute a structured M&BD plan which integrates and aligns with the firm M&BD strategy and the global client programmes.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Sector insight - responsible for developing and disseminating sector insight that is used to deepen partner knowledge, and inform our Sector Business Plan and all Sector M&BD activity.
- Business planning and budget management - in consultation with the firm business plan and relevant sector stakeholders, prepare the FI sector business plan and oversee all elements of FI sector BD activity to ensure alignment. Support the FI Sector Lead (Partner) to manage the FI Sector budget according to this plan.
- Campaign identification and execution - responsible for development of at least one sector specific client facing campaign per annum as part of the Fewer, Bigger, Better Big Rocks strategy. Will be required to work closely with M&BD colleagues in practice groups, regions, and central MarComms during execution.
- Cross-border and cross-practice collaboration - assessing and developing opportunities to strengthen international and cross-practice cooperation across the FI sector for business development purposes, and managing the international BD team involved in implementing related activities. Required to build close relationships with practice group BD managers to develop joint initiatives at a product level.
- Sector specific bids/pitches - oversees and project manages strategic sector bids (with assistance from bids manager where required) and panel bids for sector programme clients (working closely with relevant client manager). Ensures efficient use of the Hub by sector M&BD when responding to other sector bids.
- Client Development - to ensure the FI M&BD team drives BD activity on a small number of non-strategic/ priority FI accounts.
- Profile raising - working with the central communications team to develop FI sector related profile raising campaigns and supporting marketing activities, collateral and CRM strategies.
- Team management - day-to-day management of assigned team members, as well as the overall development of the BD team.
Education / qualifications / experience:
- Previous experience within a professional services environment desirable.
- Upper second class honours degree or equivalent preferred.
- FI industry sector experience with marketing / sales / business development experience.
- Professional marketing qualification (CIM diploma or equivalent) is desirable.
- The individual will have played a key part in global account management, having taken an active role on client teams.
- Previous team management experience is essential.
Knowledge and technical skills:
- Demonstrated understanding of the FI Sector.
- Advanced client development skills and knowledge.
- Well-developed understanding of marketing and business development strategy and implementation.
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to run strategic pitch processes.
- Proven track-record in working with teams to develop business and client relationships.
- Ability to build strong networks relevant to the development of the firm's profile and business.