General Office Assistant - 6 Month FTC
Trowers & Hamlins is a City-led, international and national law firm with over 130 partners and 830 staff. With offices across the UK, Middle East and Far East, we provide a full-service integrated offering.
Our clients operate in diverse industry sectors such as construction, transport and infrastructure, banking and financial services, distribution and logistics, education and health, hotels and leisure, defence, engineering and surveying, charities, retail and energy and natural resources. We also act for many high net worth individuals.
We are different and we believe it is our people that make us unique. We expect and respect that you and your talents are too. The truth is we don't prescribe who you are or how you ought to be. It's what you can do that interests us most.
While the work on offer is rewarding and often complex, the qualities we look for are simple. The ability to get on with people from all walks of life, for example. To talk and to listen. To develop the sorts of relationships that mean you win the friendship and loyalty of clients and colleagues alike. In short, to connect. These are the characteristics our people all have in common. They are vital, as is the drive and imagination to use your unique talents to the full. We will help you in this. In fact, we will support you in every way we can.
Where you'll work
We are recruiting for a part time, office based General Office Assistant to support our Operations department in Birmingham on Wednesday and Friday of each week.
What you'll be doing
- Opening and distribution of the post each morning
- Collecting/sorting and franking post each afternoon
- Ensuring deadlines are met for sending special delivery mail
- Organising couriers
- Responsible for delivering "by hand" packages locally as appropriate
- Undertaking large volume scanning, photocopying and printing requests in-house
- Stationery orders
- Assisting with the administration of file archiving and retrieval service
- Document printing and finishing
- Providing back-up for the Reception team as necessary
- Assisting with replenishing catering stocks in our staff kitchens
- Other administrative duties as required
What you'll need
- Ability to prioritise work effectively and meet deadlines
- Good communication skills both oral and written
- A strong team player
- Ability to use initiative
- A positive and proactive attitude
- Flexibility and commitment
- An ability to operate autonomously and/or with minimum supervision
- Drive and enthusiasm
- A willingness to learn
- A self-starter
- Strong attention to detail with a methodical and logical approach
- Common sense
- Good humour
- Polite and professional manner
Experience and qualifications:
- Committed and hardworking
- Organised and self-motivated
- Keen to learn
- Office experience (desirable)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
As part of our firm recruitment policy our candidates are subject to employment screening background checks. These checks include personal details, education and employment history, professional qualifications and credit and criminal checks as appropriate.
Trowers & Hamlins is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity and inclusion. All applications will be considered on merit and the applicant's suitability to meet the requirements of the role and will be treated equally irrespective of Ethnicity, Gender (including Trans and non-binary) Race, Disability, Religion and sexual orientation.